Another school shooting in MI... (1 Viewer)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Big 10 just dragged Tate Myers' family out onto the field for the coin flip. Anything for ratings, I guess.
I dunno, I was gonna watch, or not watch either way. Didn't bother me none.

jboss

All-Pro
Reaction score
Agreed, but that's pretty easy. The tougher question is how long is long enough? 5 years? 20 years?
I guess we'll have to see. Our justice system is really unpredictable. But one things for sure is that mandatory sentencing has proven itself to be cruel and unusual in many cases. So let's pump the brakes on this whole reactionary life imprisonment nonsense. Not directed towards you in particular, just sayin.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess we'll have to see. Our justice system is really unpredictable. But one things for sure is that mandatory sentencing has proven itself to be cruel and unusual in many cases. So let's pump the brakes on this whole reactionary life imprisonment nonsense. Not directed towards you in particular, just sayin.
Yeah, never was a fan of mandatory minimums. I'd rather let judges use discretion in determining sentencing.

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
But then you have the people who suffer from affluenza, and get probation for killing someone while drunk driving after robbing a store.

Speaking of affluenza, I hear the parents got a top-notch law firm to defend them, while they are letting their kid is getting a public defender.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom