Another school shooting in MI... (1 Viewer)

we're getting to that right after we cure global climate change
I think there's so many areas to cover with this but I think that parents whose minor children get access to their guns and go shoot up schools or other places need to start going to jail for this shirt.

At what point will the justice system begin to hold the adults who are supposed to be responsible for these guns, responsible for the actions of said guns getting into the wrong hands due to their negligence?
vicarious liability comes to mind- but then i think each state differs on actual definition from precedents

I know that parents have been held liable for child driving car, causing accident because the parents allowed access to car. Im guessing that if they allow access to weapon, they should bear some responsibility as well.

There are already laws on the books in almost all states about keeping firearms from children. The problem is they don't enforce them.

A 4th victim has died and the suspect is being charged as an adult (good)... a total of 11 people were shot (not 6)...

I wonder if the father will be charged as well...

The gun was purchased Nov. 26, four days prior to the shooting, by the suspect’s father, he said, adding that two 15-round magazines were found at the school and a third is expected to be found as the investigation progresses.

At what point will the justice system begin to hold the adults who are supposed to be responsible for these guns, responsible for the actions of said guns getting into the wrong hands due to their negligence?

It won't be taken serious until the terrorists who are committing these murders stop looking like the terrorists who are committing these murders.

We as a country complain about guns and crimes with guns all the time. Cook County just passed 1000 homicides for the year and we do nothing. We have laws on the books that are too lenient IMO. Stop with the sentences of life etc. Make it easy. You get caught red handed you're expedited. If guilty it's a death sentence. You want to appeal, great its fast tracked. If you commit a crime with a firearm that doesn't involve it being fired its 20 years in prison no parole. Stop with the prayers that do nothing. Stop with the sympathy for the criminal. Society gains nothing by having these people in existence. Not a huge Bible thumper, but an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

This country has a huge problem. There were protests at school board meetings around the country over masks, something designed to keep children healthy and protect their teachers from a deadly virus. Do you think those same parents who were "concerned" about their children care about gun violence?

This country has a huge problem. There were protests at school board meetings around the country over masks, something designed to keep children healthy and protect their teachers from a deadly virus. Do you think those same parents who were "concerned" about their children care about gun violence?
From what I am reading the kid was bullied. It does not give him an excuse to use a gun. His parents are responsible. As well as the kid.

There are already laws on the books in almost all states about keeping firearms from children. The problem is they don't enforce them.
Here is Michigans vicarious liability statute:

capped at $2500

The problem isnt enforcement, its not punitive enough.

Which is why I asked when the accountability would come in from the justice system.

I think parents need to start being charged along with their brats.

Which is why I asked when the accountability would come in from the justice system.

I think parents need to start being charged along with their brats.
just read the DA is mulling charges for the parent(s).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom