Another school shooting in MI... (1 Viewer)

I don't know what the maximum penalty is for that, but it's not anywhere near life. Guessing 5-10 years. That said, if they have no criminal history, (kinda blew that up after fleeing, lol) I'd be surprised if they hot much jail time.
Max in MI is 15 years. I hope they serve every day of that. Then the evading arrest charge and the judge could have it run consecutively.

I'd like to know how anyone who has shown to be a flight risk can get bail at any amount. Bail was set at $500K. Anything other than no bail doesn't make sense to me.

Apples and oranges because there is, in theory, justification for what we do in the middle east. No one other than those involved really knows what exactly we are doing there and why, but there is a reason. That alone is a problem of course, but without an easy solution.

The real dissonance here is the attention paid to school shootings like this vs. daily "normal" gun violence that takes kids one by one at a much higher frequency.

What do you mean by " 'normal' gun violence" ? Gang violence? Accidents?

The big difference is that a school is full of kids from 6 years old and up who are dropped there by their parents so their kids can learn math, science, history... not so they can get into fights on the streets on weekend nights.

Is there a problem with me if I struggle to even care about this shooting? Americans kill middle eastern families with drones all the time, and no one really cares. You have very deliberate killing on the one hand and just random murder to compare it to, and people just get upset about this teen committing murder, but there’s no real anger about deliberate US killing in the Middle East. It’s kinda crazy to the point that these US teens killing classmates is pretty much meaningless to me.

Do you hate yourself for being white too?

The Big 10 just dragged Tate Myers' family out onto the field for the coin flip. Anything for ratings, I guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom