Another ST award for Wil Lutz (1 Viewer)

Found my post and not only does he have a leg, he is proving himself to be clutch.

"I'm excited to finally have a kicker that can at least attempt a long FG. Biggest leg we have had in a long time."

To think Payton was getting slaughtered for choosing this kid at the tail end of Pre-Season. Labeled as one of his most idiot decisions and was something sure to tank us.

Anyone care to eat their crow?

I wil although I wasn't one who thought it was idiotic> I was perplexed by it and thought it was a mistake. I was wrong

In an era where other kickers are missing 24 yarders in OT that lead to ties, there is one man that chuckles at adversity. :rock:

I was extremely impressed against Seattle when we iced our own kicker with a penalty and dude hit it right up the middle again. Word.

To think Payton was getting slaughtered for choosing this kid at the tail end of Pre-Season. Labeled as one of his most idiot decisions and was something sure to tank us.

Anyone care to eat their crow?

Ellias, you know that it rarely happens... Have you heard a word from guys that were calling for Strief, Peat & Co heads. Guys that ''I TOLD YOU we should have drafted 3 OL'' (Colts have had 4 and their OLine is crap). I found one or two comments that basically explains how a good surprise it is to see the OL play ok ! hahhaha

If I remember well, I probably made a joke about that signing, but had no opinion (good or bad) about it since I did not know the player at all.

In fairness to those posters, Lutz did miss two field goals in week 1 in a game we lost by 1 point and he also got a short field goal attempt blocked due to an inexplicably low trajectory point in week 2, which resulted in a touchdown in a game we lost by 3 and held our opponent's offense out of the end zone. So that's two games that a strong argument could be made that the quick, out of the blue decision to sign a kicker with no experience may have cost us one or two of those games. (Can't fully blame him for the last Raiders miss, that would have been difficult for anyone and was a desperation shot that very many kickers can't even dream of attempting)

That said, I am very happy he is our kicker and has seemed to fixed his issues with low kicks. The ball really comes off his foot well and I no longer find myself sweating extra points and short attempts. He is developing very nicely and seems to be very coachable, as his kinks appear to have been worked out.

Low kicks are still his bugaboo.

I had a feeling this guy's "unbelievable workout" had a lot to do with kicking low, making his leg look better than it was.

I have never seen a kicker get more kicks blocked and tipped than he has.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom