Another ST award for Wil Lutz (1 Viewer)

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats to Wil Lutz for being named NFC special teams player of the week for the second time! Glad we finally found a kicker

So glad we found a kicker who probably still gets carded trying to get into bars and clubs in the city instead of the ones with AARP membership cards we've had to rely on mostly for the past few years.

He'll be a staple here for a long time.

God I hope so.

Imvuo kicker is one of the most 5 important positions for any team. There's a reason kickers sit atop the points records lists, and that's bc the good ones can consistently score after the offense passes the 40. Those extra FGs are often the difference between winning and losing in the NFL. I just hope SP is able to be patient if and when Lutz misses a big kick bc it will inevitably happen.

Happy for Willie. Very happy we scored on our last 6 possessions... against a very good defense.

I remember when the board went wild after Sean made the move to Lutz. It took a big set to make the change but it's paying early dividends.

So glad we found a kicker who probably still gets carded trying to get into bars and clubs in the city instead of the ones with AARP membership cards we've had to rely on mostly for the past few years.

In fairness to that......Payton has been looking for that Lutz-type kicker for a while......it's just that guys like Carney, Kasey, Shayne Graham, etc seemed to handle adversity better than all of the younger kickers he kept bringing in.

So glad we found a kicker who probably still gets carded trying to get into bars and clubs in the city instead of the ones with

AARP membership cards
we've had to rely on mostly for the past few years.

Hey, careful with the word choice. :smilielol: All kidding aside, he has really turned out well. He kicks a lot of touchbacks, and he makes it possible for Morstead to stick to punting and holding for placekicks. The guy has already missed some kicks and will miss more kicks because nobody's perfect. We'll need to remember these past two weeks when the inevitable happens. He made a tackle, too!

To think Payton was getting slaughtered for choosing this kid at the tail end of Pre-Season. Labeled as one of his most idiot decisions and was something sure to tank us.

Anyone care to eat their crow?

To think Payton was getting slaughtered for choosing this kid at the tail end of Pre-Season. Labeled as one of his most idiot decisions and was something sure to tank us.

Anyone care to eat their crow?

In fairness to those posters, Lutz did miss two field goals in week 1 in a game we lost by 1 point and he also got a short field goal attempt blocked due to an inexplicably low trajectory point in week 2, which resulted in a touchdown in a game we lost by 3 and held our opponent's offense out of the end zone. So that's two games that a strong argument could be made that the quick, out of the blue decision to sign a kicker with no experience may have cost us one or two of those games. (Can't fully blame him for the last Raiders miss, that would have been difficult for anyone and was a desperation shot that very many kickers can't even dream of attempting)

That said, I am very happy he is our kicker and has seemed to fixed his issues with low kicks. The ball really comes off his foot well and I no longer find myself sweating extra points and short attempts. He is developing very nicely and seems to be very coachable, as his kinks appear to have been worked out.

In fairness to those posters, Lutz did miss two field goals in week 1 in a game we lost by 1 point and he also got a short field goal attempt blocked due to an inexplicably low trajectory point in week 2, which resulted in a touchdown in a game we lost by 3 and held our opponent's offense out of the end zone. So that's two games that a strong argument could be made that the quick, out of the blue decision to sign a kicker with no experience may have cost us one or two of those games. (Can't fully blame him for the last Raiders miss, that would have been difficult for anyone and was a desperation shot that very many kickers can't even dream of attempting)

That said, I am very happy he is our kicker and has seemed to fixed his issues with low kicks. The ball really comes off his foot well and I no longer find myself sweating extra points and short attempts. He is developing very nicely and seems to be very coachable, as his kinks appear to have been worked out.

You missed the point. Payton was being damned even before the missed field goals. That response would be speaking to anyone who got a little irritated after he cost us a game or two.

Thats not who my post was directed at but I digress.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/saints-sign-wil-lutz-pk-358263/#.WBoAVS0rKUk

wow...ironically you were one of the early negative responses. Didn't even know that chuckles! No harm...was just a eat crow response wasn't trying to call particular people out. However, i did remember the overwhelmingly negative responses. I'm sure if i dig deep enough I may even be in there. Not sure.

So, we're not going to wait for more information? Just assume incompetence immediately?

This forum, I swear...

That entire thread is Classic...really gives you a good feel for this board as a whole. Worth the read. I mean it was absolute chaos

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom