Another Teacher Sex Scandal (1 Viewer)

I believe the double standard is sexist, but not sexist towards men. Its sexist toward women. The difference in treatment of the two cases (older man with teen girl vs. older woman with teen boy) stems from rhe widespread belief that a woman should be a virgin until she marries. Since being married while still a teen (especially to somewhat older) is no longer culturally acceptable, any sexual activity when she is young makes her , "slut", "whore," "damaged goods" etc. - hence the crime is that much greater. Whereas men are impervious to those labels. I still think we have a tribal ideal that a womans sexualty should be controlled and guarded by society.

Would anybody feel differently if this hand been a 17 YO that legally hooked up with a 42 YO after a concert?

I wouldn't feel any differently. I just cannot understand what a 42 year old can see in someone that young. I guess I am just an old prude, but I am approaching 42 and the last thing I would consider is hooking up with a 17 year old. They are emotional basket cases and extremely immature.

If my wife were to wise up and leave me, thus putting me out in the dating pool again (help), I doubt I would even consider going out with anyone under 30...maybe even older than that. Maybe that's why I have such trouble understanding how anyone would want to hook up with someone so much younger than they are.

I believe the double standard is sexist, but not sexist towards men. Its sexist toward women. The difference in treatment of the two cases (older man with teen girl vs. older woman with teen boy) stems from rhe widespread belief that a woman should be a virgin until she marries. Since being married while still a teen (especially to somewhat older) is no longer culturally acceptable, any sexual activity when she is young makes her , "slut", "whore," "damaged goods" etc. - hence the crime is that much greater. Whereas men are impervious to those labels. I still think we have a tribal ideal that a womans sexualty should be controlled and guarded by society.

I disagree. I think it comes from the widespread opinion that, right or wrong, sex is typically emotional for women and physical for men. Thus taking advantage of a young girl is exploitation while doing the same with a young man is just satisfying his physical desires.

Not really getting into an agree disagree stance but I think this is the nature of the double standard.

If my wife were to wise up and leave me, thus putting me out in the dating pool again (help), I doubt I would even consider going out with anyone under 30...maybe even older than that. Maybe that's why I have such trouble understanding how anyone would want to hook up with someone so much younger than they are.

If my wife left me I'd have to see a womans college degree 1st to make sure the ink was still wet. :hihi:

Hey if I'm going back into the dating pool I'm playing the game strictly for sex. If I end up back out there it means I played it for love and lost. May as well try it from a different angle. :ezbill:

Of course I can say all that confident it's ain't gonna happen.

If my wife left me I'd have to see a womans college degree 1st to make sure the ink was still wet. :hihi:

Hey if I'm going back into the dating pool I'm playing the game strictly for sex.

Pffft. You couldn't keep up, and you know it. The first time some twenty-something at a bar called you "Mister" you would sulk back to strolling the local grocery store for action.

I wouldn't feel any differently. I just cannot understand what a 42 year old can see in someone that young. I guess I am just an old prude, but I am approaching 42 and the last thing I would consider is hooking up with a 17 year old. They are emotional basket cases and extremely immature.

On a personal level I'm with you, but as a single standard to apply to all....... I wouldn't change the law.

PS: There is no shortage of people in their 30's and 40's that are emotional basket cases and extremely immature. Stay put.

Last edited:
One would think being a teacher and having some intelligence that they would find a more discreet place to do things like that other than a classroom. She deserves to be punished because of the way the laws are written but at the same time, it takes 2.

Yeah, but you can't hold the kid to the same standard as the adult in this situation. The teacher has all the power in the "relationship". The whole reason these woman go after kids instead of adults, is all about CONTROL. It's not cool when anyone abuses this power to control someone, even if there's a "happy ending".

The reason it's cool in our minds is because we can control the way it happens, who it's with, and what the consequences are. This kid probably didn't have that kind of power, since he's not on equal footing with the teacher. Not saying that this doesn't occasionally work out to both parties' satisfaction, but usually, the kid is along for one CRAZY ride they didn't bargain for. I can only think of three teachers I had, where that would've been worth it. Oh, four.

Pffft. You couldn't keep up, and you know it. The first time some twenty-something at a bar called you "Mister" you would sulk back to strolling the local grocery store for action.

LOL!

That happened to me at the grocery store. Cute checkout girl, probably about 22, is ringing up my groceries. I wasn't trying to flirt or anything but I make conversation with folks male or female (as you know from having lunch with me I seldom shut up). So I cracked a joke, don't even remember what it was, but she giggled and said "No sir". It wasn't a "sir" like you give a patron or client, it was a "you remind me of my Dad" sir.

I was devastated. It took me like a week to recover. I had officially become "sir" to hot chicks.

LOL!

That happened to me at the grocery store. Cute checkout girl, probably about 22, is ringing up my groceries. I wasn't trying to flirt or anything but I make conversation with folks male or female (as you know from having lunch with me I seldom shut up). So I cracked a joke, don't even remember what it was, but she giggled and said "No sir". It wasn't a "sir" like you give a patron or client, it was a "you remind me of my Dad" sir.

I was devastated. It took me like a week to recover. I had officially become "sir" to hot chicks.

It happens to us all.

That reminds me, we need to get together for lunch again. We can hang out in the tunnels scamming for chicks.:covri:

Last edited:

I'm with you, man. I'm only 24 and I teach at High School and I don't understand how someone so old could eye one of those kids much less spend more than 30 seconds alone with them.

If I think back to girls that were around me when I was 16 (so when they were 16, too) it doesn't seem so wierd. But when you actually see these kids and how young they are....its just wrong. Whether its a guy or a woman.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom