Another teams trash = Our Treasure (1 Viewer)

tophergillock

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Living in Denver, all I hear on the sports station is Denver Broncos speculations from media that covers these guys a lot. Often these speculations are right.

The common belief among the media here is that DJ Williams will be cut to allow the younger guys the opportunity to step up. During DJ's suspensions last year a few guys stepped up for the Broncos making him expendable.

He does have some baggage, but can still play at a high level and would come for relatively cheap. If the Broncos do cut this guy the saints should not hesitate to sign him and plug him into the starting role asap.

Thoughts?

I remember that year, thinking, "OK, Vilma's gone, but we can still get DJ Williams." I wanted either one of those guys in that draft. Pretty cool that we could wind up getting both via FA. Hopefully they both have something left in the tank.

I remember that year, thinking, "OK, Vilma's gone, but we can still get DJ Williams." I wanted either one of those guys in that draft. Pretty cool that we could wind up getting both via FA. Hopefully they both have something left in the tank.

Vince Wilfork could just complete the package of Miami players from that draft (that are still relevant--and alive, RIP Sean T)...

Isn't he the one that raced Jimmy Graham?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WmdfgyuY6qc?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Graham smoked him...

Good player, but we're set at ILB with Vilma and Lofton. He wouldn't get playing time here.

Good player, but we're set at ILB with Vilma and Lofton. He wouldn't get playing time here.
I seriously doubt vilma will play every down. I'd love to add him if he doesn't want too much money, unlike vilma he can be of use in the running game

Do you really think that if they could get someone better and cheaper they would say... " well, we said in Feb. that Vilma would stay so we won't make ourselves better?" What if Vilma doesn't want a pay cut? What Payton says now is subject to change. No roster is set in Feb.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Williams would provide an upgrade over Vilma, but since SP already said Vilma will have a role on this defense, I just don't see Williams find a spot on this team.

Would love to add him though.

Williams was once touted as the only player which could come straight from high school and play in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom