Another traffic rant (1 Viewer)

So what's the hurry? I understand on major highways, and the interstate.
The speed limit is 30 Mph going through a neighborhood. I'm doing 35, if you don't like it, too bad. I'm not going to do 60 mph. You are an idiot if you fly through an area like that..
Also, I'm on a two lane highway, speed limit is 55. I'm doing 60, I left on time, I'm in no hurry. If you don't like it, pass me. That's what the dotted line in the middle of the road means. Can't stand someone riding my bumper when I'm already doing 5 over.. if it was a four lane highway, I'd get out of your way, but I'm not, so suck it..
/rant

If youre doing this on the interstate, in the left lane, I hate you. Stop it.

Every single morning driving to work on I-10 there will be people in the left lane going about 50-55 in a 60. Theyre still passing the middle lane, but there will be no one in front of them. Like theyre scared to go too much faster than the middle lane and base their speed off of that, not the speed limit.

Most traffic piling up I see is due to a line of about 2-3 cars going well below the speed limit just because they think to themselves "YAY I'M IN THE LEFT LANE! I'M GONNA GO FAST NOW! VROOM VROOM" as their beat up car barely makes it to 50mph

no, I'm not talking about interstates and four lane highways.. mainly residential areas.
If I'm just cruising on the interstate, I always stay in the outside lane..

So what's the hurry? I understand on major highways, and the interstate.
The speed limit is 30 Mph going through a neighborhood. I'm doing 35, if you don't like it, too bad. I'm not going to do 60 mph. You are an idiot if you fly through an area like that..
Also, I'm on a two lane highway, speed limit is 55. I'm doing 60, I left on time, I'm in no hurry. If you don't like it, pass me. That's what the dotted line in the middle of the road means. Can't stand someone riding my bumper when I'm already doing 5 over.. if it was a four lane highway, I'd get out of your way, but I'm not, so suck it..
/rant

GET OUT OF MY WAY GRANDPA!!!!! :rant:

Slamming on your brakes is too dangerous. Puts both the tailgater and you at too much risk.

Normally, I drive 3-4 mph over the speed limit. If someone starts to tailgate me, I just flip on my wipers and start spraying the windshield washer fluid. It takes about 5 seconds for the fluid to start hitting the car behind me and the guy to have to turn on his wipers. Usually they back off. If they don't, I hit the wiper fluid again and again and again.

They get the message and either back off or pass me with a scowl.

And, I have a clean windshield.

I use this opportunity to get even closer so that I can use your washer fluid instead of mine. Saves me money on washer fluid and eventually gets you out of the way. :ezbill:

Seriously left lane is the passing lane, if your not passing gtfouttatheway. So irritating. Who cares if you left on time, who cares if your not in a hurry, explain that to the single parent widowed holding down 2 kids and a full time job or two. People besides you might be in a hurry and it could be no fault of their own, be considerate you are not the only person trying to make it on time.

Seriously left lane is the passing lane, if your not passing gtfouttatheway. So irritating. Who cares if you left on time, who cares if your not in a hurry, explain that to the single parent widowed holding down 2 kids and a full time job or two. People besides you might be in a hurry and it could be no fault of their own, be considerate you are not the only person trying to make it on time.

Did you read my post.. obviously not..
Tell me where the slow lane on a two lane highway is, especially in a residential area?
And try to explain to a mother or father who's kid you ran over doing 60 in a 25 while passing someone because you were late for work because you wanted to stop at Jack in the Box to get a biscuit..

I never drive slow, so when I'm getting tailgated the person on my bumper is probably at least 10-15 over the limit with me. I get out of the way if someone wants to go 30 over and I have a chance...but usually I get tailgated with traffic on all sides of me, I really hate that. Best thing to do, run off the road just a bit, kick up all that loose stone and crap, even better when there are rumble strips.

Most of the time people will back off, rocks vs car paint, no good.

Did you read my post.. obviously not..
Tell me where the slow lane on a two lane highway is, especially in a residential area?
And try to explain to a mother or father who's kid you ran over doing 60 in a 25 while passing someone because you were late for work because you wanted to stop at Jack in the Box to get a biscuit..

Slow Kane is on the right side of the road, if someone is doing 60 in a 25 it's not the same as someone doing 34 in that 25 obviously.

There is nothing more infuriating than driving on 190 between I-12 and the bridge over the Bogue Falaya. Nothing.

Speed limit is 45. I regularly see people doing 25 in the middle lane. Makes me want to kick a kitten.

Indeed, it's also illegal in many states to drive in the left lane unless you're passing. Many have signs saying slower vehicles saying slower vehicles keep right. Seems a lot of people either do not read or do not care.

Indeed, it's also illegal in many states to drive in the left lane unless you're passing. Many have signs saying slower vehicles saying slower vehicles keep right. Seems a lot of people either do not read or do not care.

Louisiana is one of them.

Louisiana is one of them.

I was pretty sure this was the case. Had a friend who was driving in the left lane and wouldn't move over for a car behind him. Turned out to be a state trooper. Got a ticket for improper lane usage or something like that. This was about 20 years ago though, so wasn't positive that was still on the books.

Saw the same thing happen to someone else here in VA. Dummy refused to move over, so I get in the right lane and just waited. Car behind me happened to be an unmarked cruiser. He waited nearly two miles, finally had enough and pulled said dummy over.

They're to busy texting on saintsreport to drive any faster....lol.....I have noticed though...that when I pass up someone driving extremely slow and holding up traffic...it's mostly due to them either on their cellphone talking....or...the big NO NO (texting)....8 out of 10 times....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom