another underwear law (1 Viewer)

I don't like the look, it seems to be a kid thing and I just don't get it. However, don't we have enough going on in this country at the moment that we need to take care of before we worry about people and what they are wearing?

You know i hate seeing people walking around showing there underwear. I personally fell it shows poor character. However, to make this criminal, really.

Agreed. I feel the same about these, yet I'm unable to discern any provision in that law addressing my personal views. :1book:

1435360381826.jpg

This is to stop "saggy pants" showing waistbands. It's another way to add a charge to the main offense of "being poor and black" that's one of the top moneymakers for private prisons in Mississippi.

I don't agree with the laws one bit, but it isn't to prevent showing waistbands on underwear. It's to prevent people from wearing a shirt then using their belt to hold their pants up at their knees, which ultimately exposes the majority of their underwear.

Pretty dumb law. What blows my mind it how long this has been a trend. The first time I saw anyone with their pants sagging was ninth grade. I was in ninth grade in 1987, and it has never gone out of style.

Have any of you guys actually tried to walk in sagging jeans/pants. IMHO, I think it must be some kinda initiation into a gang!! I probably made it 4 feet before I fell over, or nearly tripped and fell. It REALLY is so very uncomfortable. I used to make fun that people who sagged, didn't have the money for a belt as a young man. Now I think they are just darn ignorant. Ignorant means "not knowing" They are ignorant to how foolish they look....

Have any of you guys actually tried to walk in sagging jeans/pants. IMHO, I think it must be some kinda initiation into a gang!! I probably made it 4 feet before I fell over, or nearly tripped and fell. It REALLY is so very uncomfortable. I used to make fun that people who sagged, didn't have the money for a belt as a young man. Now I think they are just darn ignorant. Ignorant means "not knowing" They are ignorant to how foolish they look....

I really don't get the sense that they forgot to consult us on how we feel about how they look
"Excuse me mr punk rock kid, I'm really not feeling the spiked hair" I don't remember a lot of those conversations

I really don't get the sense that they forgot to consult us on how we feel about how they look
"Excuse me mr punk rock kid, I'm really not feeling the spiked hair" I don't remember a lot of those conversations

So those conversations happened, but they weren't using the words you just used.

So those conversations happened, but they weren't using the words you just used.

True, I should have flipped it "excuse me mr cardigan/pleated slacks, what do you think of my spiked hair? It's something I'm playing with, but I care more about the opinion of a middle aged man who has forgotten about his rebellious phase than I do my own peers"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom