Another Vilma Rumor.. To Lions? (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

obwhiteo

Proudly wearing my dress!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
POSTED 8:57 p.m. EST, February 26, 2008

VILMA TO LIONS?

The New York Jets are shopping linebacker Jonathan Vilma, a 4-3 defender who has struggled in coach Eric Mangini's 3-4 system.

A league source tells us that the current favorites to land Vilma are the Lions.

Another question mark regarding Vilma is a knee injury that significantly limited him in 2007. If healthy, he's capable of creating real havoc.

Of all the off season moves this year, this is the guy I want to get into a Saints uniform. I really hope it goes through.

by 4.28 seconds.... i just went Rodgers-Cromartie on that butt.....

hehehehheehehehe

Last edited:
The lions pick before us in the 3rd round so we would have to offer something for next year as well to do it I guess.

damn, i want vilma sosososososo bad!!!! if it were up to him im sure he would pick NO, but im sure the stupid lions will outbid us

The lions pick before us in the 3rd round so we would have to offer something for next year as well to do it I guess.

If the trade is for a third rounder, let them have Vilma. I like a healthy Vilma. Right now, trading for Vilma is a huge risk considering that he's coming off an injury that some believe not only to be serious but to also have a solid chance of continuing to plague him. I would off a sixth rounder or a pick next year that is predicated around how healthy he becomes and how well he performs. We also must remember that he is in the final year of his deal, so that means we would be giving up a third for a guy that we can't really re-sign right now until we know if he is able to fully bounce back from injury. And if he does, then we will have to come up with a deal for him that might not be cheap. So, a sixth--given the circumstances--is more than fair. A third is highway robbery on the part of the Jets and it would be my belief that our MLB needs could be filled at some point in the draft with either Curtis Lofton, Jerod Mayo or Jonathan Goff.

If the trade is for a third rounder, let them have Vilma. I like a healthy Vilma. Right now, trading for Vilma is a huge risk considering that he's coming off an injury that some believe not only to be serious but to also have a solid chance of continuing to plague him. I would off a sixth rounder or a pick next year that is predicated around how healthy he becomes and how well he performs. We also must remember that he is in the final year of his deal, so that means we would be giving up a third for a guy that we can't really re-sign right now until we know if he is able to fully bounce back from injury. And if he does, then we will have to come up with a deal for him that might not be cheap. So, a sixth--given the circumstances--is more than fair. A third is highway robbery on the part of the Jets and it would be my belief that our MLB needs could be filled at some point in the draft with either Curtis Lofton, Jerod Mayo or Jonathan Goff.

:aduncan:

And any sane person should agree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom