Another wave of free agents (1 Viewer)

We could keep Easton and we have Cameron Tom & Will Clapp plus the two O-Lineman we picked up as undrafted rookie free agents. One of them will be kept. Trading Wharford would get us about 8.5 mil freed up.
I think we should trade Warford for cap space alone. He'll probably get cut as I don't think anyone wants to pay that salary and give up a draft pick for a player on his last leg.

Definitely need to keep Easton.

Apple would be my top priority. Griffen the second. We can get by (barely) with Hendrickson starting at DE, but we cannot get by with PJW or PR starting at CB.

Third priority would be any cheap speedy WR and cheap flexible OL.

I think we should trade Warford for cap space alone. He'll probably get cut as I don't think anyone wants to pay that salary and give up a draft pick for a player on his last leg.

Definitely need to keep Easton.
To say he's on his last leg is hyperbolic.

When he leaves at the end of this season, the OL FA market will mean we can look forward to a 2022 credit on the comp pick formula for his next contract.

Did the OL completely fail?

I feel like it was coaching forcing Peat back into the lineup off a long injury, givingtgat weakness to Zimmer to exploit.

peat came out and the offense did better, but they put him back in anyway.
I agree coaching played a part of it. Our entire OL struggled that game, not just the interior, although that was the most glaring. MIN sliding their DE’s in gave our interior OL fits, but I recall even Ramczyk struggled that game.

And I totally agree that our OL played better when Easton filled in for an injured Peat. I was nervous when I saw our starting lineup with him in, but Peat was definitely not the only one that struggled that game. It seemed to be the whole unit, due in no small part to an excellent game plan by MIN.

Give me Griffin. Our only big hole on defense is depth at pass rusher. Baun could help with that some, but he is a rookie.

Give me Griffin. Our only big hole on defense is depth at pass rusher. Baun could help with that some, but he is a rookie.
How do we pitch griffin to to Mickey and Sean. I really think he puts us above the niners.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom