Another wave of free agents (1 Viewer)

Cut Warford and clear over 7 million in cap space offer it to Jadeveon Clowney on a one year “prove It” deal. “Make it happen Loomis.”
He's already had a 'prove it' deal. Don't waste the money.

We just drafted a really good interior O-linemen. Plus, O-linemen don’t get rotated in and out like d-linemen.

Its a luxury to either have Warford or Griffin as depth, but at least Griffin would be used a lot more without needing an injury to the starter.
When was the last time the Saints OL finished a season without injury?

For a sec I thought you meant..
71u4aHIgrfL._AC_SY445_.jpg

I'm old bruh..wait :covri:
Ah yes. The J.J. Stokes who was supposed to be Jerry Rice's replacement on the 49ers. He with the big body who would go over the middle and use his size to come up with the contested balls. Only Stokes was afraid to go over the middle, and could only catch balls where he was absolutely wide open.

As much as Rice was a home run... Stokes was a strike out.

No, that very same JJ Stokes. Sorry, it was a bad joke. I remember for 2 years he was expected to be a June 1st cut (when being a June 1st actually meant being cut on the 1st of June). Then he went to the Pats, and they did cut him on the following June 1st.

yeah, that dude was a bust.

We just drafted a really good interior O-linemen. Plus, O-linemen don’t get rotated in and out like d-linemen.

Its a luxury to either have Warford or Griffin as depth, but at least Griffin would be used a lot more without needing an injury to the starter.
I’m ok with trading him but only if I knew for sure we were adding griffin. I have 50 posts on griffin already. Guy has ate us up every time we play him. Why let a competitor grab him. If he goes back to minn I will be so angry cause they were ok to let him walk. Shame he’s still around

We just used up the rest of our cap space on Taysom and Winston.

Trade Wharford & Easton and with that money bring in Griffen, Ogletree & bring back Apple all on one year deals and we would be set. JMO. All our holes would be filled. One can dream.
We would have no backup offensive linemen. Literally none, unless you want to see the debacle that was the Saints home game vs Atlanta play out again if someone were to get injured.

I do like the defensive players you mentioned, however. Especially Griffen.

We would have no backup offensive linemen. Literally none, unless you want to see the debacle that was the Saints home game vs Atlanta play out again if someone were to get injured.

I do like the defensive players you mentioned, however. Especially Griffen.
We could keep Easton and we have Cameron Tom & Will Clapp plus the two O-Lineman we picked up as undrafted rookie free agents. One of them will be kept. Trading Wharford would get us about 8.5 mil freed up.

Griffen is at the top of my wish list as well. Along with our o-line failing us in the playoffs, our defensive line was obviously not as affective after Davenport and Rankins went out, and Cam played injured down the stretch. I like that we have put emphasis on building this team from the inside out, on both sides of the wall.

Griffen would also be excellent insurance in case of Davenport not being able to fully recover from injury.
Did the OL completely fail?

I feel like it was coaching forcing Peat back into the lineup off a long injury, givingtgat weakness to Zimmer to exploit.

peat came out and the offense did better, but they put him back in anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom