Another Week, Another great peformance by McKenzie (1 Viewer)

Numbskull

"Expert" Detroit Lions GM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, so Atlanta's receivers are horrible. I mean, they are the worst I have truly ever seen. But that doesn't take away from yet another great day by Mike. He played great all game and only had 1 ball thrown his way, which he swatted down. Mike has been a huge bright spot this year in our secondary and IMO is having his best year as a Saint.

Last edited:
MM = beast

I think all those "assumptions" that hes not a payton guy should be put the rest now. He's a good locker room guy and does his job. We have to keep him for the rest of his career.

:D I agree. Need proof? How often has his name been mentioned this season? Rarely, which means he's doing his job. Hail to the Predator!

Agreed on MM. If Mr Craft can duplicate his performance yesterday a couple more games we could be in ok shape in the secondary.(I think Bellamy's leadership helped too) Also the attacking style D yesterday(Sending 5 or 6 pass rushers helped the secondary out too)

MM = beast

I think all those "assumptions" that hes not a payton guy should be put the rest now. He's a good locker room guy and does his job. We have to keep him for the rest of his career.

I think the issue was that he was over-paid. He's an above-average CB, maybe in the 10-20 range right now in terms of "best CBs in the NFL", but he's getting paid top 5 money.

That said, I do think we'll keep him. It's hard to replace 2 corner spots in the same off-season.

Love to MM!!! We were ready to get rid of him last year. Now he is being the kind of corner we thought we were originally getting. Maybe coaching does have something to do with player performance!

Great job, Mike.

I think the issue was that he was over-paid. He's an above-average CB, maybe in the 10-20 range right now in terms of "best CBs in the NFL", but he's getting paid top 5 money.

That said, I do think we'll keep him. It's hard to replace 2 corner spots in the same off-season.

Overpaying a guy is an intresting gamble. Some guys become complacent with the money, Peerless Price comes to mind. Other guys look at the money they're making and go out and bust tail trying to earn it. I think MM fits into the later, and I don't mind overpaying a bit for a guy like that.

I think he is playing at least top 10 CB ball. Maybe even top 5. What other CB's in the league right now are shutting their side of the field down as good as MM is. Well maybe Champ. MM gets 1 or 2 passes thrown at him every game max. Its pretty amazing.

I think his lack of INT's takes away from what he does.

What are his contract details remaining. I know hes making about 5 mil a year, but I have no problem with us paying him that if he plays like he is doing.

Ok, so Atlanta's receivers are horrible. I mean, they are the worst I have truly ever seen. But that doesn't take away from yet another great day by Mike. He played great all game and only had 1 ball thrown his way, which he swatted down. Mike has been a huge bright spot this year in our secondary and IMO is having his best year as a Saint.

MM has played well all year and will continue to do so... Looking forward to seeing him raise his game to an even higher level when we get him more help. Craft also stepped up yesterday. We're also stronger with Bellamy vs. Stoudemire.

Sure he hasn't had the 5 ints he had his first 8 games he was here, but that is because QB's haven't thrown to his side of the field at all this year. He has truly locked down the receiver he has been matched up with on his side of the field. Only complaint I really can have with him this year is not being locked on to the #1receiver of the opposing team. But then that is more of a coaching decision than anything MM has done.

I think he is playing at least top 10 CB ball. Maybe even top 5. What other CB's in the league right now are shutting their side of the field down as good as MM is. Well maybe Champ. MM gets 1 or 2 passes thrown at him every game max. Its pretty amazing.

I think his lack of INT's takes away from what he does.

What are his contract details remaining. I know hes making about 5 mil a year, but I have no problem with us paying him that if he plays like he is doing.

Top 5? No. He's doing well though.

He's been Claude ******* Rains all year since the Packers game.

And after the beating we've given him, we must admit that Jason Craft turned in quite the professional effort yesterday, and given the focus on Crumpler, he was out there on an island pretty much all by himself all afternoon.

Top 5? No. He's doing well though.

What would it take for you to say hes playing top 5 ball. I can't get a bearing on what your standards are.

I can't think of 5 CB's playing better then him right now. Even Chris McAlister has gotten burned bad a ton this year.

He's been Claude ******* Rains all year since the Packers game.

And after the beating we've given him, we must admit that Jason Craft turned in quite the professional effort yesterday, and given the focus on Crumpler, he was out there on an island pretty much all by himself all afternoon.

Craft is VERY lucky that Birdie recivers can't catch a cold. If they could, he would have gotten roasted on two long passes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom