Another WR (1 Viewer)

Is he getting cut? Not picking 5th year options and getting cut is two different thing.
Yeah. I think it just means he’s a free agent after this season, right? That option was like 16 million. That’s a lot of cheddar.

maybe I misunderstood what that 5th year option means.

The saints need another WR. If I could stress something to CSP and Mickey "Money" , I would tell them that the Saints are 2 players away from being unstoppable. Another WR and Everson Griffen/Jadeveon Clowney. Do what is necessary to get that last CHIP for Drew Brees, you dropped the ball last year with the Emmanuel Sanders trade, don't make the same mistakes again.

The saints need another WR. If I could stress something to CSP and Mickey "Money" , I would tell them that the Saints are 2 players away from being unstoppable. Another WR and Everson Griffen/Jadeveon Clowney. Do what is necessary to get that last CHIP for Drew Brees, you dropped the ball last year with the Emmanuel Sanders trade, don't make the same mistakes again.
How many WRs do you think we need?

Is one elite WR and a great #2 not enough? We need the whole core to be all stars?

The Pats won their last Super Bowl with Edelman/Hogan/Slater. The Eagles with Jeffrey/Agholor/Torrey Smith. Would you take any of those corps over Thomas/Sanders/Tre'quan?

If we snag another solid WR via training camp cuts, then fine. But yall make it sound like its a requirement. Somehow the "we need a #2 WR" turned to "We need 3 great WRs!" soon as we signed Sanders.

How many WRs do you think we need?

Is one elite WR and a great #2 not enough? We need the whole core to be all stars?

The Pats won their last Super Bowl with Edelman/Hogan/Slater. The Eagles with Jeffrey/Agholor/Torrey Smith. Would you take any of those corps over Thomas/Sanders/Tre'quan?

If we snag another solid WR via training camp cuts, then fine. But yall make it sound like its a requirement. Somehow the "we need a #2 WR" turned to "We need 3 great WRs!" soon as we signed Sanders.

This is SO true. The call for another WR not named Michael Thomas hasn't lost much steam even with the Sanders signing.

It's gotten to borderline ridiculous...............I mean how many footballs are on the field at the same time? I honestly think that some fans would just totally abandon the running game altogether and just chuck it all over the field the entire game.

Michael Thomas - the Saint GOAT
Emmanuel Sanders - has a chance to be one of the better Saints receivers in just a couple seasons he’s so talented
Tre’Quan Smith - do or die year for him, but I think he’s going to be good
Taysom Hill - think he will see a ton of time at receiver especially now that we got Jameis & Trautman
Deonte Harris- think he’s going to be used a lot more on offense this year and might even jump up to be the 3rd guy if he puts in the work to get better this offseason

With one of these guys:
Emmanuel Butler - he impressed me last year in camp
Marquez Callaway - think he should of been drafted and has some serious talent
Lil’Jordan Humphrey - not the biggest fan, but he had an unreal preseason
Tommy Lee Lewis - the vet of the bunch
Juwan Johnson - huge target that’s a borderline tight end
Krishawn Hogan - maybe the best blocker of the bunch cause I thought he was a tight end at first lol

I think our top 5 guys are good to go really. But hopefully one of those 6 show out and I hope it’s either Callaway, Butler, or Johnson(forget about Johnson)

Last edited:
Titans not to pick up option for Corey Davis

He would be a big pick up for Saints. Drew would turn him into another Colston yet Davis is faster

I agree with you... Not the Colston good part, but he may be the free agent we can afford now that he is officially free to sign.
Davis is only 25 years old, 6'3" and fast

Amazing that we have like 3 posts a week on the FA WRs available, but from my last post:
Other options may be Taylor Gabriel with "nearly 800 yards with the Chicago Bears despite having Mitch Trubisky and Chase Daniel as his starting QBs. "

Demaryius Thomas is an option on the more veteran side with 10 years in the league and some time on a team with Sanders in Denver before a rough season last year with the Jets

And the Josh Gordon saga continues: "With the NFL’s stance on illegal substances significantly softened, you have a chance to bring in a guy who is generally well-liked by coaches (including Bill Belicheck) but whose substance issues have made it difficult for him to have a career in the NFL..."
We still may be unable to afford him - but he is big, young and fast, with a looming suspension that may actually help our salary cap if he is only allowed to play the second half of the season anyway.

Last I checked Lucky Jackson and Hasise Dubois were still available.

I would start with those two names.

Michael Thomas - the Saint GOAT
Emmanuel Sanders - has a chance to be one of the better Saints receivers in just a couple seasons he’s so talented
Tre’Quan Smith - do or die year for him, but I think he’s going to be good
Taysom Hill - think he will see a ton of time at receiver especially now that we got Jameis & Trautman
Deonte Harris- think he’s going to be used a lot more on offense this year and might even jump up to be the 3rd guy if he puts in the work to get better this offseason

With one of these guys:
Emmanuel Butler - he impressed me last year in camp
Marquez Callaway - think he should of been drafted and has some serious talent
Lil’Jordan Humphrey - not the biggest fan, but he had an unreal preseason
Tommy Lee Lewis - the vet of the bunch
Juwan Johnson - huge target that’s a borderline tight end
Krishawn Hogan - maybe the best blocker of the bunch cause I thought he was a tight end at first lol

I think our top 5 guys are good to go really. But hopefully one of those 6 show out and I hope it’s either Callaway, Butler, or Johnson(forget about Johnson)
TQS is in the same boat as Cameron Meredith = If he produces, great! IF not, oh well.
Sanders is a great pickup! Keep in mind that he is 33.
Deonte Harris & Taysom Hill are gadget players in WR group. I wouldn't expect to see them in the lineup if we have to go 4 wide.

LJH & Krishawn Hogan are glorified run blockers.
I believe Tommy Lee Lewis won't make the team
Next...that leads me to Maquez Callaway; Juwan Johnson & Emmanuel Butler.
There is a strong possibility that they will make it to the practice squad, even if Callaway turns into a camp beast this year. We've seen it last year with Butler.

@kennydfresh maybe instead of face palming or Falcon'ing everyone's post who thinks we are fine you can, you know, actually dive more in depth into why you feel a 3rd WR is important to get us over the hump? Crazy idea I know.

I would agree but I also wouldn’t target just Clowney and Griffin there’s other Pass Rushers that can be had for cheaper through trade or FA .

You can also add Outusde CB depth #4 or/an LB to the mix as well

i am sure he'll be trade bait much like fournette. the packers will prly be interested given LaFleur was OC for the titans when Davis was there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom