Another WR (1 Viewer)

We have all we need to choose from.
We will keep 6 and the final 3 will be,

Emmanuel Butler
Marquez Callaway
Juwan Johnson
Lucky Jackson is faster than all of those guys.

Runs a legit 4.35-4.40

Even Calloway only runs 4.55.

Hasise Dubois catches everything.

There is always room for a wr who can catch whatever comes his way just like Lance Moore.

Think about Emmanuel Butler's drops in preseason last year that may have cost him a roster spot.

Last edited:
This is Lucky Jackson with 194 yards receiving vs Florida Atlantic.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that this kid will make a team after being given a tryout.

Lucky Jackson had 94 catches last year.

Lucky Jackson also had 16 catches for 168 yards vs Marshall

17 catches for 148 yards vs Western Michigan in this game below.

He seems like a player with Paul Richardson ability.

Hasise Dubois was the only wr in college football with over 100 targets who did not drop a pass.

He also had 75 catches for over 1000 yards.

He even had this 10 catch 138 yard game vs Clemson playing nearly every play from the slot.

He even beat 1st rounder (16th overall) AJ Terrell deep on one play for a contested catch.

Last edited:
This is Lucky Jackson with 194 yards receiving vs Florida Atlantic.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that this kid will make a team after being given a tryout.

Is he on anyone's roster?
The Saints have stayed away from speed receivers.

The last thing I will add about Hasise Dubois and Lucky Jackson is this:

Marquez Calloway and Juwaun Johnson never posted an 1000 yard season in college, but neither did Michael Thomas or Marques Colston, so take this with a grain of salt.

Emmanuel Butler did have back-to-back 1000 yard season at Northern Arizona.

Both Lucky Jackson and Hasise Dubois had over 1000 yards last year.

Is he on anyone's roster?
The Saints have stayed away from speed receivers.
Nope.

He will almost certainly get a tryout, however.

Emmanuel Sanders has decent speed.

So does Trequan Smith.

Ginn also ran a 4.28.

Jackson isn't just a speed wr.

He is physical beating the jam when he breaks and gets good body-position downfield.

Two 16 catch games last year with most of it coming in the intermediate range also speaks to his ability to also be a possession receiver instead of just a deep threat.

Adding Dubois and Jackson would be like adding two more 4th rd draft picks for competition.

Im a "get the best competition you can and let the best man win" type of guy.

I really like the wrs they have already but Im all for bringing in Dubois and Jackson to see if they can beat any of the top guys out as well.

Last edited:
Even in the games that Jackson played well his qb Ty Storey was under constant pressure and barely had time to set his feet but Jackson still uncovered quick enough to bail him out and compensate for the poor Oline play.

That gives me the impression that he left a ton of yards on the field just because the qb couldn't get ideal protection.

Jackson is also a impeccably superb route-runner.

Nope.

He will almost certainly get a tryout, however.

Emmanuel Sanders has decent speed.

So does Trequan Smith.

Ginn also ran a 4.28.

Jackson isn't just a speed wr.

He is physical beating the jam when he breaks and gets good body-position downfield.

Two 16 catch games last year with most of it coming in the intermediate range also speaks to his ability to also be a possession receiver instead of just a deep threat.

Adding Dubois and Jackson would be like adding two more 4th rd draft picks for competition.

Im a "get the best competition you can and let the best man win" type of guy.

I really like the wrs they have already but Im all for bringing in Dubois and Jackson to see if they can beat any of the top guys out as well.
I wouldn't give my hopes up. It appears that the Saints are done with WRs unless there is an injury somewhere.

Is there a max number of UDFA's we can sign?

If not, bring them in. What do you have to lose?

This is SO true. The call for another WR not named Michael Thomas hasn't lost much steam even with the Sanders signing.

It's gotten to borderline ridiculous...............I mean how many footballs are on the field at the same time? I honestly think that some fans would just totally abandon the running game altogether and just chuck it all over the field the entire game.
And then complain about the lack of commitment to running the ball in the Gameday thread.

And then complain about the lack of commitment to running the ball in the Gameday thread.
You can always run the clock out in the 4th quarter like they did in 2009 with Mike Bell.

I wouldn't give my hopes up. It appears that the Saints are done with WRs unless there is an injury somewhere.
I don't have them up.

When they sign it's a slim chance that it will be here any way because there are so many teams but I really think that they both can compete heavily.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom