Ansah did not know what a 2, 3, or 4 point stance was in Senior Bowl practice (1 Viewer)

i actually dont know what they are to be honest :aargh:
They are basics of playing o or d line and are usually known sometimes as early as middle school football. They are the pre - snap stances of lineman to help them in what they are doing, pass black, run black, pass rush, clog hole..

2 point stance: usuallly used to pass rush or pass block
2%2Bpoint%2Bstance.jpg
ncf_u_montgomery_b1_400.jpg

3 point stance: the "balanced" stance, Oline like to run block out of this stance and for Defensive players it is the balanced stance to stop the run OR pass.
jevon-kearse-philadelphia-eagles-three-point-stance-autographed-photograph-3345836.jpg
220px-ThreePointStance.jpg

4 point stance: usually used by d lineman in goaline and short yardage situations to clog up holes.
Houston-4pointstance_display_image.jpg
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4X01hj4z4-0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Yeah i listened to him on the radio the other day and he was very remedial when it comes to football.

But his athleticism is outstanding and he is hungry...loves contact and smart.
Raw Raw Raw.

Dude has only played a year of FB.

But he had a high ceiling. It will take a coach with patience though. Play the man and let him figure it out.

Probably go late in the 1st round though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

i actually dont know what they are to be honest :aargh:

lol well to be honest you don't need to, but for a guy who is about to earn big cash playing this game professionaly he had better know it. Coaches have failed this kid miserably. But as someone else said, just on raw talent, imagine if he gets with a coach who knows what he's doing.

I don't think Jones, Ansah, or Mingo make it to the Saints pick, so I think we will take Dion Jordan.

Here is my projected top half of the 1st round:

1. Kansas City Chiefs: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M

3. Oakland Raiders: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

4. Philadelphia Eagles: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

5. Detroit Lions: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida St.

6. Cleveland Browns: Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, Georgia

7. Arizona Cardinals: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

8. Buffalo Bills: Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina St. or insert another overrated QB here.

9. New York Jets: Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU

10. Tennessee Titans: DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama

11. San Diego Chargers: Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU

12. Miami Dolphins: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State

14. Carolina Panthers: Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State

15. New Orleans Saints: Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon

16. St. Louis Rams: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama

One of his former teammates said they used to clown him because he didnt no how to line up and get in his stance. Said he would squat like a frog.

He isn't gonna be there when we pick, I'm not happy about that

Just put him in coach! Make the instructions simple, like Bobby Boucher. Attack the quarterback!

Wow BYU worst coaches ever, and this means Ansah has dominated from talent only, imagine him with a good d line coach

SR Bowl Defensive MVP!!! Just think what this guy is going to be when he learns the game!!!!

2013 Senior Bowl Ezekiel Ansah Stock- 1/27
Ezekiel Ansah was the star of the Senior Bowl. Where will he be drafted?

Now I really really want this kid, more upside than JPP

Yeah mon, straight! I hope he falls to us because of this new none factor info!

Yeah i listened to him on the radio the other day and he was very remedial when it comes to football.

But his athleticism is outstanding and he is hungry...loves contact and smart.
Raw Raw Raw.

Dude has only played a year of FB.

But he had a high ceiling. It will take a coach with patience though. Play the man and let him figure it out.

1znf.jpg

One of his former teammates said they used to clown him because he didnt no how to line up and get in his stance. Said he would squat like a frog.

That just says how bad their coaches are And how much potential Ansah has

Ansah is huge, fast, pass rusher, good vs the run, and doesn't know how to play football, hall of fame talent

I actually made this thread because it amazes me what he has done with such little football knowledge. Post Senior Bowl, at what point was I against the Ansah pick?

Agree. After I listened to the interview and saw how little football knowlege he had, it made me even more interesting to see how he performed in the SB. The way he performed was impressive. Still obviously very very raw but physically dominant. He doesnt have explosion off the snap, but he is a long strider and very fast for a man his size, so if you look at him your thinking its no way he gets there, its like he is moving in slow motion.

Greg Robinson, the former super bowl winning D-line Coach and coordinator for the Broncos spoke very highly of him also. Saying he has all the tools, just needs to be taught how to use them.

People are saying he gots in the top 10 but everything I've read (fwiw) has him as a late 1st rounder due to his rawness. I mean this guy is even more raw that Jimmy Graham. I think Graham atleast played a little football in junior high or something. Ansah knew NOTHING about football until he walked on. He wanted to play basketball but couldnt cut it. Tried football and he enjoyed the physicallity of the sport.

In his first year or 2, I project him as a player that will make splash plays and disappear at times as teams scheme against him and he wont know how to counter.

When was the last time we had a player on defense that had to be schemed against?!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom