Anthem (1 Viewer)

I think it's pretty fun so far.
I got it with my GPU. They needs some quality of life improvements and this would be a fantastic game.

I got it with my GPU. They needs some quality of life improvements and this would be a fantastic game.

that's Anthem in a nutshell...it's really a fun game to play but there are some weird design choices in the game...clunky menus, no manual waypoints, 17 expedition summary screens and a few other things that could easily be fixed....

it's also been nice to see Bioware is listening and fixing things pretty quickly...that doesn't excuse releasing a half-cooked game but that's probably more EA's fault than Bioware's....

it actually reminds me of the Division when it first released....

it's also been nice to see Bioware is listening and fixing things pretty quickly...that doesn't excuse releasing a half-cooked game but that's probably more EA's fault than Bioware's....

it actually reminds me of the Division when it first released....

I had that same thought when I started playing. Although I think it's much more Bioware's fault than EA's. Bioware is notorious for putting out crappy games, only EA made this one great.

The roadmap looks interesting: https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/23/18237461/anthem-updates-roadmap-act-i-pc-ps4-xbox-one

Hot Tamales are fine if you only want to eat 4 pieces...after that they start to drop off in quality rather quickly

there is a 10 flavor pack of Mike n Ike's that are top notch

If you drink coke with hot tamales, it makes them hotter.

So, a few of you have been playing for a couple weeks. Verdict?

I may add this to my list.

So, a few of you have been playing for a couple weeks. Verdict?

I may add this to my list.

my thoughts are that it's a game with a solid gameplay core but it's lacking in content....it's a lot of fun to play but there isn't much of an endgame...you can farm for masterwork items but you end up repeating the same activities over and over...

there are some baffling design choices in this game like the menus, joining friends, and other things that have been done well in other games....seriously, just copy Destiny's menu navigation....Ubisoft has done it with AC games and it just works really well...also, there are no manual waypoints which make freeplay hard to navigate to other players to see if they are fighting a titan or doing a public event

Bioware has been fixing things at a pace that you never see from Bungie or even Massive Games(Division)....of course, they kind of have to if they want to keep players engaged....and it's clear this was pushed out of the door before it was ready....

i am looking forward to seeing what they add with the cataclysm events

For those of you that care about plot/lore (which is not me), it's really terrible in that regard. It has Mass Effect's endless dialogue and although your conversation choices occasionally net a loyalty bonus, it really doesn't have any effect on the game, although you have to suffer through it to get your next assignments.

The gameplay and combat is great. Flying mechs are really fun and the controls are pretty intuitive. I mostly agree with @antipop about lack of content, but I'm way behind, so I can't really speak to the endgame. Freeplay is dumb, only allowing 4 players into a session with access to essentially the whole world. Unless you are with a squad that you know, it's almost useless. And around the middle of the game, there is a roadblock mission that involves completing a bunch of tasks in freeplay that are kind of a PITA.

The game is fun, though. If they fix a few things, it could be really good.

Well, I got it. Just havent installed it. Soon...

You can pick this up on sale on Newegg for $20 right now:

I've been holding off, but i don't think it will get cheaper than this anytime soon.

If you wait till actual content is released, you might be able to get it for free.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom