Anthony Davis for the 49ers looking for a Home Saints (1 Viewer)

projeck33

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
He's young good and much better than Strief, Come on Mickey Loomis he can be our Right Tackle for years

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Strief only finished as a top 5 RT last year and shut down Khalil Mack last week (Underhill charted Mack as lining up across from him on all but 2 snaps).

But clearly some dude with concussion issues who hasn't even played this year is better, or something.

saints4life25

Who Dat?!?!
Reaction score
Strief only finished as a top 5 RT last year and shut down Khalil Mack last week (Underhill charted Mack as lining up across from him on all but 2 snaps).

But clearly some dude with concussion issues who hasn't even played this year is better, or something.
All but 2 snaps, in the second half, just for the record.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
(Insert Michael Scott screaming NO!NO!NO! gif)

No. If he is looking to buy a home, good for him, I hope e buys a home and spends big money to bring up property value. But as for this team, no. That guy has retired, come out of retirement, and is contemplating retirement again. He must really have it in for the 9ers. I would imagine the team covered themselves with the contract once he came out of retirement, just in case something happened again. I thought it was his issue with Baalke but I cannot figure out what his motives are.

OP

projeck33

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Davis is younger better and stronger and can really help our running game cause strief doesn't open no holes, everyone over powers him

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
It's about improving team not staying average and Strief is on his last leg whether you like him or not
If this past Sunday is Strief on his last leg, then we'll be ok another year or two.

Anthony Davis has 0 starts in the last two years, has concussion issues, and can't figure out if he wants to retire or not. I'm trying to figure out how that makes him better then Strief.

Davis is also under contract.

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Not so fast.

Read this article.

Khalil Mack's quiet day vs Saints more than meets the eye - Silver And Black Pride

Give help to either Terron Armstead of Zach Strief with G or Chipping TE/RB.
When NOT chipping line up a TE outside the Tackle to create a little traffic in front of Mack
Quick passing game
Run the ball away from Mack
Not to say he didn't do admirable job but I find we throw away PFF quotes when we want to trust our eyes then quote PFF when we want to quiet doubts. He did an admirable job but he had help that didn't just come from chips but trickery created via formations and making him think and by Brees. On more than one occasion Drew released the ball in 2.5 seconds...Mack got there 2.6 sometimes.

I believe Strief is serviceable for what we do but let's not kid ourselves

Tho in proper context in no way am I advocating going after Davis but ur post caught my eye and seemed like the perfect time to share that article is been sitting on

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Davis is younger better and stronger and can really help our running game cause strief doesn't open no holes, everyone over powers him

Except for Mack, right? Didn't over power Strief once last week. He's only considered one of the top pass rushers in the league.

No thanks. Let him pull his retired today not tomorrow crap in SF or somewhere else.

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

Strief's one-on-one wins over Mack make the loss (in the books anyway) that much more unfortunate. If the refs don't screw us on the PI against Robertson, Strief is a nice sidebar story this week. Still, kudos to Zach Strief. Good deeds often have to go on quietly, I guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom