Anthony Davis puts in request for trade from New Orleans Pelicans (1 Viewer)

DMGrubb

usa_today_11986785.0.jpg

That day has finally arrived: one of the league’s best is eager to join a consistent winner.

From the moment Anthony Davis signed with Klutch Sports, speculation began as to whether or not the franchise cornerstone would force his way out of New Orleans and into a bigger market or onto a better team.

Those fears were realized this morning in the form of a story posted by ESPN Basketball Insider Adrian Wojnarowski.

Per his column, Davis’ agent Rich Paul notified Dell Demps on Monday morning that his client was requesting a trade out of the franchise that drafted him seven years ago.

“Anthony wants to be traded to a team that allows him the chance to win consistently and compete for a championship,” Paul said.

In his seven seasons with the Pelicans, the franchise has only reached the posteason twice, with one series win.

Individually, Davis has been brilliant on his way to becoming on of the elite players in the game today. A five-time NBA All-Star, he has averaged 24.0 points, 10.6 rebounds, and 2.4 blocks per game.

This season he’s posting career highs in scoring (29.3), rebounding (13.3), assists (4.4), and steals (1.7).

Under his current deal, David would be a free agent in 2020, with a player option that would put him under team control for an additional season.

In asking for a trade, Davis is rejecting a five-year, $240 million extension this summer.

The New Orleans Pelicans have yet to release a statement.

Continue reading...

Waiting for it.

I'd hold him until the end of the season and then deal him to the Celtics. I don't think anyone has more trade capital than they do right now.

The only problem is that C’s can’t trade for AD bc of Kyrie. They both are on the rookie exemption...Plus i feel the Pels will lose any leverage they have by waiting until the offseason

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom