Anthony Hargrove is on Kickoff (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I rewatched the game today and noticed Hargrove was on the kickoff team and possibly would have had the tackle on the kickoff before halftime if the returner hadn't fallen to the ground. The fact that we have a DT on kickoff is amazing, he is a beast. Usually DE aren't even on kickoff. Has anyone ever heard of another DT on a kickoff team? Hats off to Hargrove!
:worthy:

EDIT- Hargrove is 6' 3" 272lbs, runs a 4.6 40 and a 39" vertical jump (Times-Picayune)

Last edited:
I noticed him against the Giants from my seat. I hadn't seen him on special teams all day, and they were getting big chunks of yards on special teams. Then I saw Hargrove fly down field and completely smash two giants off their feet on a kickoff. Something maybe along the lines of "Coach, put me in there they won't get that many yards."

I noticed him against the Giants from my seat. I hadn't seen him on special teams all day, and they were getting big chunks of yards on special teams. Then I saw Hargrove fly down field and completely smash two giants off their feet on a kickoff. Something maybe along the lines of "Coach, put me in there they won't get that many yards."

In the miami game, I saw him just fly down the field and slam into their wedge. It was awesome :worthy::worthy::worthy:

The dude is insane and I love it!!

Wow that is incredible. 6'-3" 280 and a 4.6 40.
Maybe he can be our FB. What kind of hands does he have?

It surprises me how many tackles Jeff Charleston makes on kickoff coverage. Dude's a beast.

What's more surprising to me is that Mike Bell is on kickoff.

280 lbs and he runs a 4.6, not surprising! Beast.

Dude.. I swear..

I read two hundred and eighty pounds, and thought "Sheeeesh that's a big boy.." then read 'and runs a four point six', and an involuntary shiver ran up my back.

Otherworldy... wow.

What's more surprising to me is that Mike Bell is on kickoff.
it really isnt that surprising when you break down the numbers

11 starters on offense
11 starters on d
that is 22 of your 45 game roster
which means many of your 2nd string will be in on kickoff, punt return, punt coverage, kick coverage, field goal, and xp
which you can argue bell is first string but pierre is in their too and reggie does punts. all the players have to pull extra weight which is why payton loves versatile players.

This guy is a great story. He was a 3rd rounder, if his head would have been in the game, he could have been a high pick. Now that he's got his head on straight, he's got the raw talent to be elite, at DE or DT.

it really isnt that surprising when you break down the numbers

11 starters on offense
11 starters on d
that is 22 of your 45 game roster
which means many of your 2nd string will be in on kickoff, punt return, punt coverage, kick coverage, field goal, and xp
which you can argue bell is first string but pierre is in their too and reggie does punts. all the players have to pull extra weight which is why payton loves versatile players.

While I do agree with you that it's a numbers game in the NFL, surely there is 1 guy out of 43(besides your 2 starting RB's) that can cover kicks. What do we have out of the 43, 6 DB's and 5-6 LB's plus a 5th WR? One reason I bring it up is I saw Bell limping slightly after a kickoff vs the Giants. I said to my buddy, "Why is he out there to begin with?"

While I do agree with you that it's a numbers game in the NFL, surely there is 1 guy out of 43(besides your 2 starting RB's) that can cover kicks. What do we have out of the 43, 6 DB's and 5-6 LB's plus a 5th WR? One reason I bring it up is I saw Bell limping slightly after a kickoff vs the Giants. I said to my buddy, "Why is he out there to begin with?"
I see your point but you also need fast guys to get down there quick to try to pin them as deep as possible. plus you need to keep you defense fresh in a shootout game do you really want to add 5-10 extra plays to your defense. when you add in kickof returns and punts our defense would be slap wore out.
I dont think I would like our staring dbs or lbs out there either

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom