Anthony McFarland could be expendable in Indy (personal speculation) (1 Viewer)

Troll Hunter

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It looks like he's still under contract in Indy, but IMO with the emergence of the RC Ed Johnson, McFarland could be expendable. He's just turned 30 and when he was traded to Indy last year, he made a difference in the Def. Any thoughts on him? He is recovering from a torn patella, but that was suffered in TC. Any chance we could trade a late round pick or sign him if he becomes a salary cap cut?

Booger is a great guy and would be an immediately improvement.

He is a leader and never takes a play off, and a lot of colts players have mentioned how he helped the D merge into a unit. The only thing I would be worried about is his injury.

I'm not sure that Dungy would release Booger though, for exactly the above reasons

If that injury isnt too bad, I'd love to get ANOTHER Tiger in Black N Gold.
Dungy seems to like these smaller, faster players anyway.
Wonder what they would want for him?
Didnt they give up a 4th?
Adding him and Faneca would essentially fix both lines.

Booger could still be a force in the middle, if he gets back to 100%. I would like to see him in Black & Gold.

Payton mentioned getting younger on defense... but maybe Booger can be that other space eater in the middle that we need to keep our MLB running free.

They've done well without him and need money to re-sign Dallas Clark. He could definately become a cap casualty and I wouldn't mind the Saints signing him if he's healthy.

As a Saints fan living in the Tampa Bay area, I have watched Booger play for the Bucs for his whole career, prior to being traded last season. He is often injured and would be a liability for that reason. Does anyone have his career numbers? How many games has he missed due to injury? For that matter, how many seasons has he missed?

imagine the smiles on faces of restaurant owners in nawlins when booger and hollis roll in together!

The Indy Star said he was set to make 5 mil. next year, and he probably wouldn't be back with the play of rookies Ed Johnson and Quinn Pittcock.

McFarland = Upgrade. I always thought he was better than Sapp in Tampa. Sapp would get the publicity while McFarland was getting the double teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom