Antoine Winfield Jr. (1 Viewer)

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
There's definitely more hyped up guys at the position, but I personally think the best S in this entire draft is Antoine Winfield Winfield Jr. When it's all said and done, come draft day, I 100% believe that he'll sneak into the 1st RD. I know we just signed Jenkins, but he's 32 yrs old. Bell seems on his way out, and Marcus Williams is on the last year of his contract, and I've even heard speculation on Bobby and Kristian's pod that he could be traded at some point. At 24, I would absolutely LOVE to see us draft Winfield. That, or see us make a huge move for him in the 2nd RD somewhere.

On paper, it may appear as an overdraft at 24, but in real life, this dude is a clutch as hell gamebreaker. He's dare say the most versatile DB in this draft. He's played CB, Slot, Slot S, STRONG, FREE, and even returns punts and kicks all at a high level. Plus, he's bloodline player and killed any doubt about his athleticism at the Combine. I love Ross Blacklock and AJ Dillon, but Antoine Winfield Jr has totally become my favorite player in this entire draft. 1st RD, 2nd, whatever...I hope he ends up a Saint.

I like Winfield. Hadn’t heard speculation that we may trade Marcus. I’d be all for that.

Why does people keep saying Williams and bell together, Williams is a pure cover deep FS. not a SS in the sense. Bell and Jenkins would not play williams's Safety position unless we switch schemes. is winfield JR a FS a SS

Why does people keep saying Williams and bell together, Williams is a pure cover deep FS. not a SS in the sense. Bell and Jenkins would not play williams's Safety position unless we switch schemes. is winfield JR a FS a SS

If Williams is supposed to be a pure cover corner he may want to rethink things. He’s not very good at that.

If Williams is supposed to be a pure cover corner he may want to rethink things. He’s not very good at that.

I said cover deep safety. Below is the Cover 1. Marcus wiliams plays FS and Jenkins/Bell plays SS.

Cover-1.png

That play against Fresno State is one of the best football plays I've ever seen. That was a 100% sure TD but he somehow got back in time to not only disrupt the pass but to come down with the INT.

Winfield is a rich mans Amick Robertson. I wouldn't be mad if he found his way to the Saints roster. The guy has big play written all over him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom