N/S Antonio Brown Accused of Using Fake Vax Card (1 Viewer)

should be suspended for the rest of the season
I could not agree more, if true. Again, if true, he was putting he teammates, other teams and the coaching and staff of TB at risk. Now will the Commissioner do that I doubt it as they are the reigning SuperBowl Champs!

Extremely interesting how The Shield handles this if true. The "punishment tree" is going to branching all over the place. My guess, Roger will talk with Tampa Bay and decide this was all "fake news" and that AB did not have a fake card.

I will with hold a call for a punishment of AB until this accusation is proven as all of you should. The fact that it is made by a former employee that seems to have an axe to grind makes it suspicious. I guess the league could make him produce the card and then contact the clinic/DR listed on the card that gave the shots to see if they actually did but they may have to refuse due to HIPPA laws. At that point the league would have to somehow get a court order to get the information released.

I find it fascinating that a local newspaper would print such a potentially devastating story that could derail the Bucs chances at repeating.

It was Brown who was the biggest addition to this offense that got Brady back to being Brady. He was a huge reason they won the Super Bowl.

Because the Vax cards are easily falsified. It has no special marks or anything to make it hard to counterfeit. It’s literally a basic thin white card with basic black printed lettering. It’s like the CDC didn’t even attempt to make it difficult for people to counterfeit.
That doesn't make it illegal

I will with hold a call for a punishment of AB until this accusation is proven as all of you should. The fact that it is made by a former employee that seems to have an axe to grind makes it suspicious. I guess the league could make him produce the card and then contact the clinic/DR listed on the card that gave the shots to see if they actually did but they may have to refuse due to HIPPA laws. At that point the league would have to somehow get a court order to get the information released.
Fell out of the bucket truck again Merl?

Oh, and it’s HIPAA.
Because the Vax cards are easily falsified. It has no special marks or anything to make it hard to counterfeit. It’s literally a basic thin white card with basic black printed lettering. It’s like the CDC didn’t even attempt to make it difficult for people to counterfeit.
I know what it is. I have one. Correlating the vaccine lot number with a date and location can easily authenticate the card.
I do agree that some sort of bar code system should probabaly have been utilized.

Using or falsifying vaccine records is a federal offense, with each offense carrying the potential for prison time, according to NBC affiliate WUSA 9.

1. Using or selling a fake COVID-19 vaccine card is illegal. The FBI said in March that falsifying a federal seal is a federal crime. Vaccine cards have two federal seals: one from the CDC and one from HHS. Forging either of these is a violation that could carry a fine and up to five years in prison.

2. Using a fake vaccine card is less likely to lead to jail time and more likely to lead to probation, according to the report. Those who sell thousands of fake vaccine cards are more likely to get the maximum sentence, the report said.

3. Depending on the state, using a fake vaccine card can break state laws too. New York made falsifying vaccine records a class E felony. In Washington D.C., making fake vaccine cards violates its forgery law. In both states, the offenses could lead to time in prison

That doesn't make it illegal
What doesn’t make it illegal? I never said anything about legality. I’m simply saying that they’re too easy to be counterfeited. Anyone with a printer and basic computer knowledge can do it.

Fell out of the bucket truck again Merl?

Oh, and it’s HIPAA.

I know what it is. I have one. Correlating the vaccine lot number with a date and location can easily authenticate the card.
I do agree that some sort of bar code system should probabaly have been utilized.
What ever

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom