Antonio Brown may have violated Personal Conduct Policy by not reporting October 15 incident (1 Viewer)

Wasn’t Canal Villere National, or were those two different stores? I grew up in Mid City and at the corner of Canal and Carrollton there was a Canal Villere with that logo.
The first Canal Villere opened at the intersection of Canal Street and North Villere Street in 1930. Somewhere in the 1970's, National Tea Company bought the Canal Villere stores. Then, Schwegmann's bought them, and then, I think, Rouse's.

Yeah, I heard the story of Schwegmann’s crapping the bed (by expanding too quickly) by one of their key financial people. What a sad story.

Yeah, isn’t Walgreens where that old Canal Villere was? I remember they used to have kids week, and I won a TV. It was one of those huge RCA behemoths. We ended up giving it to my grandparents, and being a stupid kid I was so upset. I had beat the odds and won the TV just to have it taken from me. I’m glad that my parents were smarter than me.

That Superstore on Airline Hwy was ahead of its time. It had everything, and I thought it was cool that the people working there were always rolling around on roller skates.

Why we care? We shut him down.

We're spending an awful lot of energy worrying about Antonio Brown.

AB has the potential to make the Buccs a better football team with his level of talent and the Saints are in a heated race with them for the division. If Brown gets the hook for these latest shenanigans ...then... all the better for the B&G / WDN.

...and yea, TG&Y was "it" back in the day.

The first Canal Villere opened at the intersection of Canal Street and North Villere Street in 1930. Somewhere in the 1970's, National Tea Company bought the Canal Villere stores. Then, Schwegmann's bought them, and then, I think, Rouse's.
You are almost right. Sav A Center groceries were the grocers Rouse’s bought out.

Ah, my old hangouts. Surprised nobody has mentioned China Imperial and Harry's Ace with the "helpful hardware man"--except that one was run by a woman IIRC.

Time to say adios to Antonio Brown. Enough already.

I remember that Canal Villere. And Ace. And China Imperial. But what I really remember is Friar Tucks. Wasn't it Andy Capps before that? Many a night there...

Anyone remember Masson's on the lakefront? I bartended and waited tables there 1,000 years ago. Loved the "crabmeat albert with hollandaise sauce". Been trying to find/recreate that since the 1980's. Never been the same.

Last edited:
I remember that Canal Villere. And Ace. And China Imperial. But what I really remember is Friar Tucks. Wasn't it Andy Capps before that? Many a night there...
I thought it was the other way around. I used to shoot pool there when it was Andy Capps. That was back when Jagermister used to give away hats and T-shirts for drinking a certain amount in a night.

---

• 1Like
Reactions: LoE
I salute you St. Pike!

I worked at Masson's, Fat Harry's, and Igors. But Friar Tucks was my favorite bar. It was walking distance from my old house - which is good, because staggering along a sidewalk is better than a DWI. Pool wasn't my thing though. DARTS. 2nd floor of Tuck's was dartboards.

Remember Chimes? Bart's? Russell's Marina Grill? The Ski Lodge in Fat City? Audubon Tavern? Oscars in Old Metairie? Cooter Browns? Maple Leaf?

I wonder if the Swamp Room is still on Vets. Had my first date there with my wife, 200 million years ago. She whipped me shooting pool, but I got the girl.
;)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom