Antonio Brown refuses to play with new certified helmets (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
After the "frostbite" issue turned out to be a non-issue, he now says he wants his "old helmet" back.

Oakland Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown has reportedly filed a grievance against the NFL for banning a helmet he wore throughout his time with the Pittsburgh Steelers since it's no longer certified by the National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE).

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
"And if he shows up and misbehaves, the Raiders would have the same options under the labor deal that would be available for any other players who break the rules: Fines and suspensions, with the ultimate ability (after properly documenting the situation and giving him all appropriate warnings) to suspend him four games without pay for conduct detrimental to the team, which would also wipe out his guaranteed money for 2020."

Man I sure hope it plays out just like that.

SaintPancake

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Gruden did claim to have nightmares on first episode of Hard Knocks, but I don't think this situation is what he was talking about.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Serious question. Is this the most diva thing ever done by a NFL diva WR? If it's not #1 then it's in the top 5. The T.O. ab crunching, driveway interview comes to mind. Lol, a lot of stuff T.O. did comes to mind.

But we're talking about a helmet. A professional football player, one of the best to ever do it, is refusing to play because he can't wear the helmet he likes. He's causing all kinds of drama and distractions for the team that just traded for him and gave him a nice new contract. I've never seen anything like it.

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Antonio Brown reported back to practice this week, for what it's worth. A lot of people think the helmet thing was a ploy to avoid much of training camp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom