N/S Antonio Brown to visit Bucs [Updated: reached a deal] (1 Viewer)

How often does this type of signing actually produce a championship in the NFL?

Deion Sanders in the mid 90s is pretty much the best argument for it, and that was 25 years ago.

I remember when the Patriots acquired Brandin Cooks in 2017...... there was a whole lot of "just go ahead and crown the Patriots", followed by them losing their very first game.

Or how about the Rams a couple years ago? Tried to create an All-Star team, and still needed a horrendous non-call to get them to a Super Bowl in which they only scored 3 points.

Year after year, we see these types of signings involving teams who already appear to be great, and year after year those teams continue to NOT win championships.

It’s because in the NFL, it’s more about overall team chemistry than superstars.

Also, in regards to Deion Sanders, he was in his prime when he signed with the Niners and then Cowboys. AB is great, but he hasn’t played a snap in a season and a half - so I’m curious what he’ll be able to do.

Eh. Dude is 32 and hasn’t played any meaningful football in a couple years. They’ve already got more weapons than Brady even knows what to do with. I give it 3 weeks before he’s whining about touches and creating drama in the locker room.

That's the hope.

Eh. Dude is 32 and hasn’t played any meaningful football in a couple years. They’ve already got more weapons than Brady even knows what to do with. I give it 3 weeks before he’s whining about touches and creating drama in the locker room.

His first game is expected to be Week 9 against the Saints.

Between Arians' propensity for bashing his own players to the media, his previous comments on Brown, and Antonio Brown legitimately being insane, this will blow up spectacularly inside of a month.

It may have been mentioned... but what does this do to Mike Evans and Chris Godwin?

We all know why AB is there... tom brady probably talked management into bringing AB in. Arians already said he didn't want AB on the team, but now he's all-in on the idea? I smell a rat. Godwin and Evans are a solid duo... and there's only one football. That dynamic should be interesting to watch. What does Brady think of Evans and Godwin for him to cry for AB?

Just sit back and enjoy the show folks.

Saints were blown away by him last year. Like overawed. WR is the least physically demanding position outside of the kickers. They run and catch. You can't hit them anymore, you can barely touch them.

As long as Brown can still run and catch, which obviously he can, this is bad bad BAD news for the Saints.

They already suspended him eight games. Only reason he’s being signed now is teams were waiting for the first eight weeks to be played so when they now sign him he’s eligible.

Investigations regarding his sexual assault cases (plural) are still ongoing.

Of course it’s just in time for us...

With how much of a head case he is, you wonder if they only want him for this one game. Maybe Brady said, "Hey, we got a solid week out of him in NE before he lost it again." If there is a game to bring him in for, its against us week 9.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom