Anxiety is high here, but remember the players probably feel it more (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know we're all chomping at the bit to get FA started and find out who's going to be on this team and who's going to be release. A lot of emotions come out and sometimes we're not exactly nice about how we talk about some players.

But please remember, even though some of these guys are multimillionaires, not all of them are and many are probably freaking out if their career will be over or not starting today. It's hard to be told you're not wanted back by anyone.

So, as anxious or excited as we are, remember the players are more so.

Older Vets like Smith and Vilma are getting near the end of their careers, and that's hard to deal with.

Younger guys who just couldn't crack our starting line up (or for long) like Mack, Castillas, etc may or may not latch on elsewhere.

It's an exciting time, but this is people's livelihood we're talking about. If it were some of us getting laid off and possibly transferred or re-hired for cheaper elsewhere, we wouldn't be excited.

Just my 2 cents.

yes. all of them. unless you are comparing them to brain surgeons.

Yeah... it sure is nerve-wrecking to wonder who's gonna pay you more for 4 years than some people make in a lifetime.

But I do get the point... alot of these guys have families that are planted in one location, and will probably have to move everything to a new town.

I guess if i had the problem of "Am I going to make five million this year or six" or "Am I going to have to sell my place in San Diego and move to south beach?" I would have anxiety also

Yeah our hearts bleed for the millionaires and their "anxiety"

Rookie league minimum for this season is 400k, That's more than anybody here is making.

cut that in half for agent fees, taxes and insurance. so 200k. its a great salary for the average joe, but just saying not every player makes millions like people think...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom