Any 360's ever recover from the RRD? (1 Viewer)

All 360's are under wararnty for 3 years! They will fix all RROD problems for free. All other problems will cost you unless you bought the extented warranty. If you have an older model 360 it is best to send it off for repair because they will put the new heatsink in it. Just got mine back last week and notice it runs a lot quieter and cooler. I bought mine before they started using HDMI and asked if they could add an HDMI port to my 360 but they said no! sucks!

Well, for the thrird time, my launch unit died. This time it was 4 days after getting it serviced for the second time. At this point my irritation isn't with the 360 itself, but the apparently inabilty for this service center to to adaquately effect a repair.

Hopfully at this point i get a replacement, because it doesn't appear this unit can be fixed at this point, and as much as its costing them re ship and pay labor, it whould have been cheaper to just give me a new one.

Well see how it goes. Good thing i have a 2nd one.

Just turned it back on and its working. Anyone know off hand if I dont send it back whenever the box comes in could I just keep it and play it until it messes up again. Will they honor the RROD warrenty and send me another box to send it back in?

edit:

Just quit working again.

Last edited:
Just turned it back on and its working. Anyone know off hand if I dont send it back whenever the box comes in could I just keep it and play it until it messes up again. Will they honor the RROD warrenty and send me another box to send it back in?

edit:

Just quit working again.

yeh, once you get it, it doesn't go away. oh well, such is life.

Has anybody tried the 'towel trick' ? Supposedly if you wrap your 360 in a bath towel, and let it run for between 10 to 45 minutes. Then take off the towel, let it cool and it's supposed to work again. I don't know if it works or not, in fact, it kinda sounds like a fire waiting to happen to me. If you want more info, just google - RROD towel trick

Just got my Xbox back. 13 days total isnt to bad. That includes waiting on the shipping box and them shipping it back to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom