Any Alltel users here? (1 Viewer)

Brennan77

Dubious
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
If you're an Alltel user, I'm wondering if you've recently had trouble with roaming, specifically in the New Orleans area. I had $30 of roaming charges billed to me this month. I have the national freedom plan. All of the calls that were "roaming" were in the metro area to numbers in the SELA region. I have not had this trouble until this past month, which I think may have something to do with crowded towers due to Mardi Gras. I just can't fathom a roaming charge for using my phone on St. Charles Ave.

Also, after my poor experiences with their customer service, I'd love to get out of my contract. Is there a way to do this without paying $400 in fees?

Their customer service is HORRIFIC!

My son's phone always says he is "roaming" but we haven't been charged for roaming, and we shouldn't.

Their customer service is HORRIFIC!

My son's phone always says he is "roaming" but we haven't been charged for roaming, and we shouldn't.

If the roaming indicator is blinking then you are not being charged. Happens all the time. If the R or triangle is solid then you are getting charged. There isn't anywheres around here where you should get charged for roaming.

I sell Alltel and I will agree their customer service is pretty bad sometimes. I have to call it to get stuff done sometimes. Its really hit or miss, sometimes I get someone who really goes above and beyond. I guess I call it so much I get to see some of the positives.

Brennan check your pms.

I have had Alltel for about 2 years, I think their customer service is one of the best. They have written off overcharges for me several times when I went over my minutes, they just backdated my plan change. Have you ever dealt with Sprint?

havent had any roaming charges on my phone or any service problems

I didn't know cell phone companies still had roaming. That sucks, Brennan. Sue.

Brennan, we have had that happen here in Chattanooga.

Not supposed to be roaming since we are in Alltel's Circle of Friends plan and calling someone in that circle.

If you fight with customer service enough, they will normally credit your account...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom