Any boot wearing folk around here? (1 Viewer)

Brennan77

Dubious
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
How should a slip on boot fit? I just bought a pair of Red Wine motorcycle boots. Everything feels like the right size until I take a step. The heel slides down. The width and length feel right. It's just the heel that is loose. Will this correct itself with break in?

If its loose now.... it will only get looser... leather will strech ... but it will not shrink... sounds like they are too big................ better a bit tight to begin with to allow for a little streching.....

Wow Brennan, you really are turning into a full blown biker. I remember when you posted the pics of the bike. I suppose as gas gets higher and higher that decision will look better and better.

Yes.. New Boots should slip a little in the heel when brand new.

Joe

AS long as they fit right toes to the top... Ususally boot strecth sideways, not lenghwise... Once the soul gets broken in, the slippage at the heel becomes not so noticable...

They say that you are suppossed to buy boot 1/2 larger than your tennis shoe... at least that what I have heard....

Now I could be wrong folks.. Most of the time I am, just ask my Mom...

Justin Boots Fit Guide

Proper fit guidelines There are three things you need to consider when buying boots: instep, ball and heel.

INSTEP: Unlike shoes with laces, a boot has only the instep to hold it securely to the foot. Hence, proper fit in the instep is of utmost importance. The fit should be snug, not tight or loose. The snugness is governed by the instep fit and the width of the throat. If the instep is too loose, the boot will slip excessively in the heel. To remedy this, you may need a more narrow width to shorten the circumference of the throat. This will reduce slippage without cutting down on the length of the boot. Slight slippage is necessary to obtain a proper fit.

BALL: When you walk or run, you bend your foot at its widest part. This is called the ball. Same with boots. The ball of the foot should rest on the ball of the boot. If the boot is too short, the ball of the foot will sit too far forward and force the toes into the toe box.

HEEL: A new pair of boots will slip slightly in the heel because there is nothing to prevent the heel of the foot from riding up slightly. When the boot is new, the sole is stiff. As you wear the boot the sole is “flexed”. With time, most of the slippage will disappear.

Ultimately, the decision on a proper fitting boot rests with the wearer.

http://www.justinboots.com/en/fitguide.html

Every site I looked at said that MC boots shouldn't move much in the heel.

http://www.moto-guide.com/motocross-boots.htm

Boot fitting guide: Get perfect fitting dirt bike and motocross boots
1. Decide on the combination safety, comfort & style you want.
2. Look for good ankle/heel grip and a strong protective material.
3. Try out motocross boots as you try other shoes. (don't forget ankle protection and the riding position is different)
4. Refer to fitting guide from the manufacturer

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom