Any chance this kid will have a future in the NFL? (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just saw the video of this high school kicker. Wow!

Y! SPORTS

Seems to me that he might have a helluva time controlling that slice of his in windy, outdoor stadiums. The first kick shown looked like it was going to be 15 yards wide left before it sliced through the uprights. It'd be easier for that kick to be blocked coming from the left. But the kid does have a strong leg and his issues probably could be corrected with coaching.

The slice is only a problem if you can't control it, which he obviously can. His longer kicks were like that whereas 50 and in didn't have nearly the action on them. The problem with judging and unrushed kick is just that. There's no one coming at him. Long kicks get blocked because of the trajectory, which we can't gauge from that video. They look like pop ups that would be good to get past a line of defenders, but I couldn't tell how deep they were at what height. Either way, kid's got a cannon.

Can he, could he, would he make it in the NFL? Who knows? There are lots of good college kickers who never appear in an NFL game and he's about to be a senior in high school.

I would be a bit worried about that slice somewhat like we worry about Hartley's hook.
As it's been mentioned, if a good coach can adjust his follow-through without affecting his powerful pop on the ball, then he looks like he could be a keeper for some team.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with this kid in the college ranks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom