Saints Any chance we trade Jameis to the Boys? I'm not sure how desperate they are now, but, maybe we could squeeze a 2nd for him. (1 Viewer)

I wish we could. But they are probably shooting for the 1st pick. Funny thing is, they are still in contention to win the division.

Then we would be a QB short on the depth chart and if something were to happen to Brees like last season you are pretty much just stuck with Hill.
It's worth a gamble I think. The Saints do not look anything close to a SB team right now and it's not like you're throwing in the towel is it?

It's worth a gamble I think. The Saints do not look anything close to a SB team right now and it's not like you're throwing in the towel is it?

I don't know what team you are watching, but we are 4-2 after playing a really tough schedule, the two losses were more on our mistakes than being outplayed, and if the Raiders do to the Bucs what they did to us and the Chiefs we are in first place. Seems at least 'close' to a Super Bowl team when almost every team above us have all had worse games than any we have played this year.

That said, if Brees goes down I don't think Jamies is enough to keep us afloat, so if the price is right, I'd be excited to pull that trigger.

Why not?

He's not going to see the field this year more than likely. Taysom will if needed.

Jameis probably won't be signing a deal to net us a 3rd round comp pick like Teddy. Hitting up Dallas for a 2nd would be a pretty big overpay on their part. I think the question should be 'why do this' from a Dallas standpoint.

I don't know what team you are watching, but we are 4-2 after playing a really tough schedule, the two losses were more on our mistakes than being outplayed, and if the Raiders do to the Bucs what they did to us and the Chiefs we are in first place. Seems at least 'close' to a Super Bowl team when almost every team above us have all had worse games than any we have played this year.

That said, if Brees goes down I don't think Jamies is enough to keep us afloat, so if the price is right, I'd be excited to pull that trigger.
For sure.

As far as a tough sked goes, we caught the Bucs before they really started to gel, add in Carolina and the Chargers.... meh not that tough.

For sure.

As far as a tough sked goes, we caught the Bucs before they really started to gel, add in Carolina and the Chargers.... meh not that tough.

Carolina came in 3-3, they are no cupcakes, and yeah the Chargers... we also didn't have our best player for 5 of the 6 games so far... a very good case could be made that a healthy Micheal Thomas and no other difference and we could be 5-1 or 6-0... results matter, and while our D has been very disappointing, and our Offense hasn't been as smooth, we are winning games and scoring points.

Fitzpatrick would be the better one year rental for Dallas at cheaper draft pick cost.
Maybe if it’s for a LB or DB and 2022 draft pick for Winston. Winston and Prescott are one year apart in age. Trading for Winston with an early round pick means Dallas would be highly considering Prescott walk after he injured himself while giving his all for them. Dallas won’t pay big money to two young franchise QB talents in the same offseason. Can’t see them letting Prescott walk for nothing, and letting Winston walk after giving up an early round pick. That’s the most uncomfortable position they could be in. Suppose Winston then wins the division and advance Dallas a round or two in the playoffs

Fitzpatrick would be the better one year rental for Dallas at cheaper draft pick cost.
Maybe if it’s for a LB or DB and 2022 draft pick for Winston. Winston and Prescott are one year apart in age. Trading for Winston with an early round pick means Dallas would be highly considering Prescott walk after he injured himself while giving his all for them. Dallas won’t pay big money to two young franchise QB talents in the same offseason. Can’t see them letting Prescott walk for nothing, and letting Winston walk after giving up an early round pick. That’s the most uncomfortable position they could be in. Suppose Winston then wins the division and advance Dallas a round or two in the playoffs
I agree. I just hope the Cowboys aren't as smart as you...lol

As far as I can tell Dalton only has a concussion. He should be back next week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom