Any correlation between Hill going down early and Winston , Kamara's huge day ? (1 Viewer)

Stop with the gimmick crap and focus on building an identity.

Which is having one QB. Hill being a WR/RB should be his role till we get an identity built. Then, you do the Taysom at QB plays. Hell, I would even wait for the Playoffs to do one. Don't use up the well, because that's exactly what we did.
I'm not sure how much of it is injuries and how much Payton likes to use him as a spark. However, I do think the game flowed better afterward.

I don't think he took one snap at QB before he got hurt but he was involved a lot as a receiver/TE. One of the announcers commented that Payton wants to get Hill the ball more (actually made me chuckle because I imagined at least half the board shooting their TV at that comment), but during the game it looked like that meant more involved in the offense overall rather than out of the QB spot. There were some plays we missed him, Jameis 3rd and 1 sneak was an obvious Hill situation but it worked out as we got it on 4th and inches anyway. The way we were using him before he went down was nice though and I'd welcome that to be the more normal Taysom routine when he's back.

Well, I will say this, my husband noticed I think 2 times Hill was open and JW didn't go to him so he was surmising JW's not too keen on throwing to Hill. But I know he did throw to him (and it was caught) at least once. Just throwing that out there for discussion.

He threw to him multiple times aside from the completion. The interception was intended to him, and he threw to him on the deep route where Taysom got hit in the head.

Love Taysom. Heal up nice these next 2 weeks. We need him going forward , especially in the postseason.

That being said. Sean wasn't able to get " cute " today , and I noticed more decisiveness in Jameis's throwing and Kamara's running.

The patchwork OL had a decent game. I think the change of pace with Taysom's plays may be throwing off our " Groove ".

Not saying we don't need Hill , but maybe we ought to rethink how we implement him in the offense and when we use him.
The two events happened together, so by definition there is a correlation.

Correlation does not equal causation. Or in other words, Winston and Kamara had good games after Hill went down, but Winston and Kamara did not necessarily have good games, because Hill went down. For all we know, it's just as likely that everyone on offense has an even better day if Hill doesn't go down, because they would have been able to extend more drives, giving everyone opportunities to make even more plays.

I can admit it wasn't his best game but it seems like all you see is negative with Winston.
I think you and a few other people read what you want to read. I give him credit but I still point out what's lacking in the offense with him under center mainly the intermediate passing game. Drew Brees even pointed it out during the Bills vs Chiefs halftime show.

Losing Hill hurt us on short yardage. I hope he heals up and gets back to normal.

There is no more correlation to our Rhythm and Hill playing quarterback to our Rhythm and a bad kicking game.

Once everyone is back and healthy we will be fine, and we can use Taysom as we always have, and still find success. It’s just right now, in using him he is one of 2 offensive threats that a defense has to worry about, when Thomas and Smith get back, the defense will have to take them into account as well, which will open things up for Hill’s success.

Winston, I don't think it had anything to do with Hills injury because despite those big plays he was pretty inconsistent passing the ball today.
I'm not saying Winston couldn't have played better but with our diminished O-line Washington's D-line was getting very good pressure very fast. Even Ram was getting beat by Chase a lot and so was Hurst by Sweat.

We have two decent TE’s so why are we playing Taysom at TE? We should be using him for short yardage situations.
Disagree, our TEs have been MIA all season (combined total 85 yds in 4 games) and its bc they’re not getting separation. Taysom is in a different league of speed compared to Juwan and Trautman, blocks just as well too. I think Payton had a good game plan for Taysom today bc he was getting great separation and getting open. Jameis missed likely a TD to Taysom with the Peat ankle step, then Taysom plowed over a defender on short pass made 11 yds out of it, and lastly Jameis over threw Taysom when he beat another defender. As season goes on Taysom will get more TE/WR reps with Jameis and be more in sync, but as of now TE is a weak point

I think the entire camp battle scenario and shortened preseason prevented us from developing the offensive scheme around JW. The Taysom playbook and JW playbook are not even in the same section of the library. I think we needed these games to get some film on record, do some scouting over the bye week to identify what we're good at and what we're not. Peyton has been scheming 'Drew Brees' plays for 15 years and needs time to realize that JW isn't Drew. JW spends much more time looking down field for the 20+ yard target and can't track a satellite back that's horizontal. You need to get your check down out in front of him.

Stop with the gimmick crap and focus on building an identity.

Which is having one QB. Hill being a WR/RB should be his role till we get an identity built. Then, you do the Taysom at QB plays. Hell, I would even wait for the Playoffs to do one. Don't use up the well, because that's exactly what we did.
You have some serious issues. Digging up a post I made from 2007 and reacting? Bruh! Just because I disagreed with your statement. DC867597-DD7B-4377-9708-A527FAACF298.jpeg

Disagree, our TEs have been MIA all season (combined total 85 yds in 4 games) and its bc they’re not getting separation. Taysom is in a different league of speed compared to Juwan and Trautman, blocks just as well too. I think Payton had a good game plan for Taysom today bc he was getting great separation and getting open. Jameis missed likely a TD to Taysom with the Peat ankle step, then Taysom plowed over a defender on short pass made 11 yds out of it, and lastly Jameis over threw Taysom when he beat another defender. As season goes on Taysom will get more TE/WR reps with Jameis and be more in sync, but as of now TE is a weak point

I respect that. I think that our TE’s are young and could possibly get better with more experience.

You have some serious issues. Digging up a post I made from 2007 and reacting? Bruh! Just because I disagreed with your statement. DC867597-DD7B-4377-9708-A527FAACF298.jpeg
Lol, it's actually pretty easy.

Click username
Click post
Go to first ever post

Did it for lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom