Any docs on right now? (1 Viewer)

Call your state's insurance commissioner's office. I'm not sure if they can help, but you have nothing to lose either. I think you may have a good case at least for arbitration.

I hope your recovery is proceeding well.

I plan on that avenue after i exhaust all others.

Recovery is complete. 100% cleared for all activity. I over healed ( my tendon is now 2x the original size/ left foot achilles ) So im thankful for that for sure.

of course i did ( the due diligence part ) . I KNEW my insurance was not the best ( crap group plan at work ) which is why we kept asking for bottom line figures to determine if I would even have the surgery due to out of pocket expenses.

My injury was such that it was beginning to heal on its own. I tore it mid-line, which was the best possible place to tear. The ONLY reason i elected to have the surgery was 1) the total out of pocket cost was under $6000 2) and doc said there was a slight defect...a depression where part of the tendon did not "meet" and while it was ok, he said to do surgery to make sure its connected at 100% and not 80% to avoid re-rupture.

I know you are saying there is nothing i can do about it. And you are probably right.

But im going to find out on my own. I am speaking to attorney today ( friend of mine - ) and will go from there. I also have a friend in the health care industry who also said he can "guide" me as to how to approach United Healthcare ( my insurer ). He manages the billing dept for large managed care group in La.

So im hopeful with both that i can come to some sort of amicable resolution to this.

Oh and i also know the anesthisiologist. So im speaking with him as well.

So i consider myself lucky in that I have access to some folks that normally I wouldnt have. I may owe some favors once this is all done, but so be it.

Good luck. After my one brief encounter with my wife's issue a couple years ago I've become completely cynical and resentful of the entire medical system. I truly hope you heal up well and quickly and that the money thing gets worked out. It's one thing to be sick or hurt and another to fight a wall.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom