Any electricians here? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
My dad put up a ceiling fan in my living room last weekend. we ordered a remote control for it and it came in this week. so when i go to use it i have to find a frequency code on the fan. ive taken off the lightkit and i cant find anything that would tel me the frequency. and i took off the piece that attaches to the ceiling and i can find anything. does anyone know where i can find it?

did you put a 9v battery in it sec 13 of the manual says to do so.

http://www.minkausa.com/manuals/F609-English.pdf

7. My remote control is not working correctly. What should I do?

* Please check the following possible reasons & solutions before you contact your local distributor:
o Check your batteries to see if it needs to be replaced.
o Check the dipswitches in both the remote and the receiver to make sure both are in the same position.
o If the switches are in the correct position and the remote is not functioning, the alternative cause could be the receiver in the fan.
o Check the wall switch by flipping it on and off, then retry.
o If all fails, please locate a dealership nearest you to replace the remote.

where can i find the frequency on the fan itself? its around where the battery is on the remote but i cant find it on the fan

Last edited:
A remote control for a ceiling fan? Must be a high ceiling.

thats any my wife is short lol i have no problem reaching it.

i just read online that i cant have a light switch and a remote? can anyone back up that theory? i would think thats a bunch of crap because the company i bought the stuff would tell me hunh?

where can i find the frequency on the fan itself? its around where the battery is on the remote but i cant find it on the fan

Judging by fig. 13 on pg. 8, the receiver is buried in the base. Too bad you didn't jot down the DIP switch settings before installing it. You'll have to take it back apart to find the settings on the receiver I think.

Judging by fig. 13 on pg. 8, the receiver is buried in the base. Too bad you didn't jot down the DIP switch settings before installing it. You'll have to take it back apart to find the settings on the receiver I think.

yeah i wish i would have known....

thanks for ya'lls help.

thats any my wife is short lol i have no problem reaching it.

i just read online that i cant have a light switch and a remote? can anyone back up that theory? i would think thats a bunch of crap because the company i bought the stuff would tell me hunh?

you just have to leave the light switch on all the time and turn the light on and off with the remote. I have two fans that are remote.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom