Any Fans here in the UK? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hey ladies and gents. I lived in NOLA for 33 years but had to move to the UK for work 7 years ago....and just never came back. Here legally of course. Anyway, I am still a die hard and always travel to NOLA's in London for the games. It is a Saints bar owned by a guy that used to live in NOLA. Just seeing if any of you here were in the UK.

https://nola-group.com/ - in case you were curious about the bar. It really is a beautiful place.

Hey there GuitarNut, and welcome.
Yeah I have been lurking here ahh since it was called Iron Era about 20 years ago!
I have been to NOLA a few times for games first trip was 1998. Most recently went over for the Steelers game back in December '18.
Not been to the London bar NOLA looks great I hope they get the new venue sorted.
Are you based in London?

Yeah I have been lurking here ahh since it was called Iron Era about 20 years ago!
I have been to NOLA a few times for games first trip was 1998. Most recently went over for the Steelers game back in December '18.
Not been to the London bar NOLA looks great I hope they get the new venue sorted.
Are you based in London?

Hey there Glen, I am just South of London in Bournemouth. Live 50mtrs from the beach on the overcliff. I am trying to get them to move the bar down here..lol. Who doesn't love this seaside paradise?

Went to the bar when you were on Rivington Street, Shoreditch.

Good luck on your future endeavours, and make sure you display that signed Saints helmet prominently.

Are you based in London?

Man, that Steelers game must've been a crazy one to be at. It was so back and forth, the atmosphere must've been awesome. I spent a year in Southampton in an exchange program in high school. Really awesome experience seeing the change in culture and art to the way people interact.

Man, that Steelers game must've been a crazy one to be at. It was so back and forth, the atmosphere must've been awesome. I spent a year in Southampton in an exchange program in high school. Really awesome experience seeing the change in culture and art to the way people interact.
Yeah it was. I just wish we'd been in town for longer. We flew in from London (I live in the east midlands) on the Friday and we were home on the Tuesday which was Christmas Day! I would love to go back again. The locals were really friendly and even the Steelers fans we interacted with were great. Great times NOLA was awesome best ever visit. Maybe next year! Oh yeah I always go to at least one NFL London game. Went to both Saints games - Got to shake hands with Coach Sean Payton & Scott Fujita who both signed my program before he got on the bus back to the hotel - Bonus :)

You struck gold for a year of your life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom