Any golfers on here (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I used to love the Tiger Wood series on Xbox but I have not had a golf game in a long time. I just picked up The Club 2019 and I am very impressed. Steep learning curve but that makes it very rewarding. Anyone?

I used to love the Tiger Wood series on Xbox but I have not had a golf game in a long time. I just picked up The Club 2019 and I am very impressed. Steep learning curve but that makes it very rewarding. Anyone?

I have the newest version of the The Club (19? 20?) I like the series. I got pretty good at the previous version, but haven't played the new one much, though it seems pretty similar. I agree the learning curve is tough and that it is rewarding. Some of the user made courses are really amazing. I like playing TPC Louisiana, even though it's a really boring course, because I've played it IRL. Fun game.

I truly suck at the putting. I’ve three putted a bunch. But I am only just starting your play and those greens (at least to begin) are slightly easier.

I truly suck at the putting. I’ve three putted a bunch. But I am only just starting your play and those greens (at least to begin) are slightly easier.

I played the '19 version. I find the putting to be overly sensitive and not realistic. I mean, I get that pro greens are fast, but nothing short of maybe the British open on a Links course late on a Sunday, during a decade long drought, combined with 80 MPH winds, is as fast as the greens in that game. It's just ridiculous on every course. Some courses should at least have reasonable greens.

That being said, I played it on PC so, maybe the putting is more reasonable on console?

I played the '19 version. I find the putting to be overly sensitive and not realistic. I mean, I get that pro greens are fast, but nothing short of maybe the British open on a Links course late on a Sunday, during a decade long drought, combined with 80 MPH winds, is as fast as the greens in that game. It's just ridiculous on every course. Some courses should at least have reasonable greens.

That being said, I played it on PC so, maybe the putting is more reasonable on console?

speed hasn’t been the biggest factor for me yet. I just now figured out how to get low to see the break and games I’m used to let you preset the backs trick by picking your aim spot. That’s the only part where mechanics are still an issue. And I have the occasional semi shank off to the right from the fairway. No idea what’s up with that.

speed hasn’t been the biggest factor for me yet. I just now figured out how to get low to see the break and games I’m used to let you preset the backs trick by picking your aim spot. That’s the only part where mechanics are still an issue. And I have the occasional semi shank off to the right from the fairway. No idea what’s up with that.

I do appreciate the increased difficulty in the swing mechanics and the putting to some extent. But, at least on PC and in last year's version, there was some inconsistency in what would be a good vs. bad swing. And, sometimes it seemed like barely tapping the ball on a green would send it 40 feet past the cup.

But, it was on PC, so maybe the PC controls are just wonky or I was using the wrong mouse settings. But, it was nice to have a golf game where you couldn't mostly master it after playing for a few hours.

I do appreciate the increased difficulty in the swing mechanics and the putting to some extent. But, at least on PC and in last year's version, there was some inconsistency in what would be a good vs. bad swing. And, sometimes it seemed like barely tapping the ball on a green would send it 40 feet past the cup.

But, it was on PC, so maybe the PC controls are just wonky or I was using the wrong mouse settings. But, it was nice to have a golf game where you couldn't mostly master it after playing for a few hours.

ive seen some of the inconsistencies you speak of. Looks like they did get the green speed issue right for PS4. Speed has not been an issue but I’m constantly under-reading the break.

I was messing around with that VR golf game on the PS4 / VR headset.. but I haven't used that in almost 6-8 months.

A friend of mine set up Golden Tee at his house. Like, the legit game. It's weird, it's like the Arcade game base, but hooked up to his own TV.

Actually, think I found it. Golden Tee at Home.

It's like $4k, unless on sale. Assuming he bought new.

I used to play the TW games...i tried the Golf Club a few times but i prefer the more arcade feel of those old TW titles...

i should probably give the 2k game a ahot

I used to play the TW games...i tried the Golf Club a few times but i prefer the more arcade feel of those old TW titles...

i should probably give the 2k game a ahot

its really addictive once you get enough of it down. I’m winning one out of three tournaments at this point on regular. Watched a video on the putting. i really liked the TW series but they P'Oed me off with some of the revamps. They would get one that really worked and then revamp chipping and or putting (something) with each release. I think 2003 was the one I probably put in 600 hours on. Loved it.

the one with this dude.

1609395335414.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom