Any Good CFL Players That Can Help The Saints? (1 Viewer)

Gentilly504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Those of you that keep up with the CFL, any good players that can help this team? WR, TE, QB?

Hi, thanks for letting me know.

I really don't know who will be available at the moment. I will take a look further in the off-season, but to be honest, it has been a crazy time at the CFL with the 2020 season suspended and 2021 moved.

Right now, the only piece of news I can bring is that Delvin Breaux un-retired yesterday, His rights are with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats but it seems he will be moving to a different team.

Ah, and Adam Bighill had another spectacular season.

The CFL isnt like it used to be where there were hidden Gems or players that for the NFL for some reason shut from the league ala Moon or Flutie.

NFL is better than ever at finding talent that otherwise would of been passed on.

Im sure there might be a rotational player or special teamer out there. But very seldom do those athletes help a team win.

The CFL isnt like it used to be where there were hidden Gems or players that for the NFL for some reason shut from the league ala Moon or Flutie.

NFL is better than ever at finding talent that otherwise would of been passed on.

Im sure there might be a rotational player or special teamer out there. But very seldom do those athletes help a team win.
This is true, and also why I subscribe to the theory that one doesn’t have to go to a top school, or play in a power 5 conference in order to get noticed by NFL scouts. Sure it helps in the process, but if you are balling out, they will find you.

6 players to make the all pro team didn’t play in a power 5 (Byard, Leonard, Kelce, Bitonio, Adams, Kupp), and 5 of the players who did play in a power 5 didn’t play at top end schools (Rodgers, Wirfs, Donald, Campbell, Poyer).

All true. The CFL used to be something of a haven for black quarterbacks when they were still being typecast out of immediate work in the NFL. Warren Moon being the most obvious example of that, of course. It also used to be a haven for guys wanting to make more money than what the NFL used to pay, in the days before unrestricted free agency and exploding salaries in general. Some older fans might remember DE Bruce Clark, one of the early members of the Dome Patrol from the early-mid '80s? He started out in the CFL, too.

It may not be a constant feeder, but right now, as an example, Alex Singleton, former linebacker from Calgary, is doing quiet well and starting with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom