Any house painting experts out there? Help! (1 Viewer)

Thorin

Idle
Reaction score
Just a quick inquiry. I recently rebuilt my patio and installed new posts. They are pressure treated 4x4's w/ radiused corners. I primed them with Kilz, then painted them with an oil based (alkyd?) paint. Now the paint is bubbling up somewhat in places, like 2"x2" bubbles. The paint is very pliable, which I guess is a characteristic of oil based paints. What do I do? Will the bubbling go away on it's own?

theres a 16 year old on here who you could pay 400 dollars to fix it..

2 birds, 1 stone

Just a quick inquiry. I recently rebuilt my patio and installed new posts. They are pressure treated 4x4's w/ radiused corners. I primed them with Kilz, then painted them with an oil based (alkyd?) paint. Now the paint is bubbling up somewhat in places, like 2"x2" bubbles. The paint is very pliable, which I guess is a characteristic of oil based paints. What do I do? Will the bubbling go away on it's own?

how long between the coats of paint and did you use water base or oil base kilz?

moisture got to it. i think it comes with the territory. oh make sure wood isnt on the ground and that you put those iron raisers under it b/c it wll rot if you didnt.

nope, none of the above.. you said PRESSURE TREATED.

you have to wait till the pressure treating dries out of it, then paint it.
just strip it, let it sit a month or so, repaint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom