Any in depth info on RRs defense? (1 Viewer)

So it's a man scheme that our corners did better in, FS has loose coverage in more of a robber type role, and the SS stays up close or blitzes. On paper it seems exciting to think about as the talent seems to fit Harper perfectly.

So it's a man scheme that our corners did better in, FS has loose coverage in more of a robber type role, and the SS stays up close or blitzes. On paper it seems exciting to think about as the talent seems to fit Harper perfectly.
harper will have to take a cut in pay to stay with us.hes making way too much for his productivity.

I noticed two current Saints players listed as ideal fits at their position in this article. That makes me feel pretty good.

I am as big a Tez fan as any, but 2 things you should know about that article.

First, its about Rex not Rob....but still close from what I hear.

Two, the article was written in 2010 before the draft so it was based on who would be ideal to draft to fill positions for that draft based on their college work.

FS does not play a robber role, he plays deep center field in case one of the man corners gets beat, which Jenkins will do great at, also Harper is the perfect SS for rob Ryan

I am as big a Tez fan as any, but 2 things you should know about that article.

First, its about Rex not Rob....but still close from what I hear.

Two, the article was written in 2010 before the draft so it was based on who would be ideal to draft to fill positions for that draft based on their college work.

I understood all of that when I read it. It still made me excited.

That's actually similar to what Greg Williams was doing his final season here. Sorry guys

Rob Ryan was the reason Nnamdi Asomugha got paid!!!!!!!! everyone called him one of the best CB's in the game.... after Ryan left, and Nnamdi went to Philly, we see just how good the young man is. he's a shell of the player who played under Rob Ryan in Oakland. i cant wait to see our CB flourish in this Def.

here's an interesting article about what Rob Ryan did in Oakland. the good stuff starts in the 8th paragraph.

We haven't seen him much in coverage scenarios.

Yet some think he (Tez) can cover. I dont, in part because that was the knock on him in college....he has straight line speed but is not very fluid. Now he did play very well in the middle at Illinois, so moving him back to ILB might be his best spot. He's big and physical, with long arms to shed blockers. He has the speed to shoot gaps, and can blitz from ILB. Meanwhile, of the rest of our potential starting LBs in the 3-4, C Lo is average at best in coverage. And I dont know if he can or not, but Junior has rarely, if ever, even been in coverage.

So that may give the answer as to who our 1st rd pick will be. It'll be a strongside outside backer who can play the run, blitz when called upon, but mainly be able to cover backs and esp TEs very well.

And right now, that player is Dion Jordan.

That's actually similar to what Greg Williams was doing his final season here. Sorry guys

The defense was infinitely better under GW than Spags. GW also didn't have Hicks, Junior, and Wilson on the field together. Plus, Cam should be a heck of allot better than he was year one. The talent is better then it was with GW...no disputing that.

Here is a blog from a Dallas radio host, Bob Sturm, who is very X and O's oriented regarding football. He regularly breaks down games and watches the coaches tape. He has some good insight. Bob's Blog - Live from Lewisville: Search results for rob ryan

"The second piece you should try to read is from April when I tried to examine the very unlikely win in New Orleans by Rob Ryan and his Cleveland Browns. This one is a real amazing textbook look at causing confusion again to the defending Super Bowl champions. I felt that Ryan started the game with a reckless abandon and swagger that you never see. Usually, a big underdog goes into New Orleans and they just try the old "bend but don't break" strategy and they end up being slowly and methodically picked apart. Ryan went in to New Orleans and he threw the kitchen sink at Sean Payton and Drew Brees and the results were phenomenal."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom