any interest in landon johnson (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
or chuck darby? I think both players would help. johnson an olb and darby a dt. then go to the draft and be able to go best poss available

I would like to see the Saints sign Landon Johnson, but I think if they get Troupe, then they will spend the rest of FA signing the rest of our own players they want to retain (like Billy Miller hopefully) and getting ready for the draft.

Doesn't seem like a playmaker maybe? No interceptions, forced fumbles and only 1 sack.

Could be an average drag down type linebacker like we already have?

These are guesses because I have never seen him play.

On a side note, what happened to Shanle last year? He played well in '06.
Almost 100 tackles, 4 sacks...........where did that go?

Hopefully, Vilma will allow him to improve as well.

Here is ESPN's take on him. Sounds like an improvement over Shanle and would allow
us to look elsewhere early in the draft such as CB and DT.

Wonder how much he wants?

Full Name: Landon Tremone Johnson
Born: March 13, 1981
Ector County, TX
Height: 6-2
Weight: 232 lbs. Age: 26
piece of work: LB
Experience: 4 years
College: Purdue
Drafted: Year:2004 Round:3 Pick:33, Bengals
Insider Analysis
Grade 71
Expert's Take Johnson moved to middle linebacker last season because of injuries and had another very solid season despite Cincinnati's defensive woes. He is very versatile, capable of playing all three positions in a 4-3 scheme and nickel linebacker. But Johnson lacks ideal size and power inside. He is tall, with a slender, athletic build. His best position for the long term is weakside linebacker, where his read-and-react skills, agility and size play best. He's a playmaker who always seems to be around the ball. He's intelligent, diagnosing both run and pass quickly. His lateral agility is very good, and he isn't a liability in space. He is quick enough to avoid blocks, but he needs to improve his take-on skills. He can be engulfed by offensive linemen when he doesn't use proper hand placement. He wraps up well and misses very few tackles. He is very reliable and durable. He has excellent work habits, plays in pain and is a team player. Johnson's youth, athleticism and productivity should attract plenty of suitors in the offseason.

Doesn't seem like a playmaker maybe? No interceptions, forced fumbles and only 1 sack.

Could be an average drag down type linebacker like we already have?

These are guesses because I have never seen him play.

On a side note, what happened to Shanle last year? He played well in '06.
Almost 100 tackles, 4 sacks...........where did that go?

Hopefully, Vilma will allow him to improve as well.

Didn't Landon Johnson intercept Drew Brees and take it to the house when we played them the year before last? ..I thought that was him.

Anyways, If that had been Shanle playing for the Bengals in that game... and he would have picked-off Drew... He wouldn't have scored the TD, becuase Stinchcomb or Brown would have caught him from behind!!!!

Oops, anyways... I stand by what I said about Shanle.

I agree on Shanle, he looks a little stiff to be playing WLB. He seems like he would be better on the inside.....not today's type MLB like Willis or Vilma but more of a Trotter type who fills the gaps but doesn't really get sideline to sideline with the best of them.

I wouldn't mind them taking a look at Johnson as long as he isn't looking for a deal like Pace got from the Jets. That is just too much in my opinion.

If not I would settle for Rivers or another backer in the 2nd round like Mayo or Adibi or even Highsmith.....I've seen him play too many quality games to worry much about a 40 time.

Landon will doubtfully be seeking a paycheck like Pace. I have a feeling he's waiting in limbo on the Bengals to see if they're going 34 or sticking with the 43. As I have a feeling he wants to stay in Cincy, because he's settled there and the community loves him.

However, its been said that he'd take less money for a team that seemed to "truly" want him, as the Bengals organization keep trying to replace him. That's what Cincy's papers say anyways.

Personally, I think Landon would love to play back in Texas, as that's where he's originally from and where his family lives. I'd think he'd sign on for the Texans quick if they'd offer, and am suprised they haven't as their GM is a Boilermaker, apparently, too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom