Any IT Sub contractors around here? (1 Viewer)

Saint77

Burrrrrrrsitis!
Reaction score
Since Ohio sucks for jobs, as always, and im not really keen on pulling temp company contracts, its almost all call center or lead admin and developer stuff, I am more or less deskside support/tech. I've been checking into being a sub, until I get the capital to do my own business.

Ive never been a sub contractor before. I see there are a few companies out there that do this stuff. OnForce, Geeks on Time, etc (Suggest others if you know them). I am sure there are some pitfalls, and things to know/watch out for, things ill need to have/do.

I have worked on job that very much was like sub contracting, however, I was a permanent employee, so I never had to deal with taxes, and the like.

Or would it be better to just get licensed for my own bid'ness?

Any info you can give me would be very much 'preciated.

are you talking about subbing for a company and being an on-site IT person or just taking single day\job contracts?

i do sub jobs that last an hour or so now and then, i do them on my lunch hour - most of the headaches there are with the paperwork.

im also an outsourced IT person as my regular 8-5 - i work for a company but not the company where i work everyday.

what kind of info u looking for?

are you talking about subbing for a company and being an on-site IT person or just taking single day\job contracts?

i do sub jobs that last an hour or so now and then, i do them on my lunch hour - most of the headaches there are with the paperwork.

im also an outsourced IT person as my regular 8-5 - i work for a company but not the company where i work everyday.

what kind of info u looking for?

Both, I guess. See, ive never done this before nor have I ever ran into people who have, so im not quite sure what to expect. Other then what ive done before. We had "paperwork" of sorts, but it was all done online. I never had real paper to shuffle other then checks and service agreements.

Im looking for just about anything other then rollouts, developer/programming stuff. mostly hardware, diagnostics and replacement, installs, light cabling, etc.

OnForce seems to be something, its a large pool of generated work orders that you can refuse or accept, you are the judge as to whether you can do the job or not, literally and physically.

I just dont know about things like, can I duduct mileage, tool expenses, etc and so on. how do I manage taxes, and sales tax on parts. I suppose I am going to have to call them in the morning, but id like more then one source of info.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom