Any lawyers here deal with probates? (1 Viewer)

saintjay

All-Pro
Reaction score
I have a question about probates - small estate affadavit's - specifically dealing with a death in the family. If you are familiar with this please pm and I will give you the details.

Thanks in advance.

I failed to mention it will need to go before the probate judge in Dallas county.

Last edited:
Most lawyers won't give any free info. Couldn't you just go to the Clerk of Courts office and file it?

I'm not familiar with the probate stuff. Sorry. I know there are certain situations in which you can do an affidavit, but I don't know what those situations are of the top of my head.

I would think you could submit an affidavit in any case (although I am not familiar at all with probate). Just declare what you want to declare have a couple of witnessess all sign in front of a notary and get it notarized.
But maybe probate is different from all other types of courts/cases.

Most lawyers won't give any free info. Couldn't you just go to the Clerk of Courts office and file it?

I know for a fact that J.E., Sandman, NOLAJim, me and other lawyers on here have given out plenty of free info to member of this board. Most lawyers hand out fee advice all the time. Maybe you just don't know the right lawyers or they just don't like you.:ezbill:

Anyway, I'd love to help SaintJay, but I know nothing about Probate Law and next to nothing about Texas law.

I know for a fact that J.E., Sandman, NOLAJim, me and other lawyers on here have given out plenty of free info to member of this board. Most lawyers hand out fee advice all the time. Maybe you just don't know the right lawyers or they just don't like you.:ezbill:

Probably a little bit of both! :)

I was just messing with you guys.

As most of you know my sister passed away in May. She lived here in the Dallas area, so I am trying to assist my dad in getting her estate settled. It should be a rather simple process but am not finding that to be true. She was single with no children, therefore I am filing a small estate affadavit. I am wondering if I can file this myself, for my dad, instead of through a lawyer. I have been told both.

Thanks for any attempt guys. I figured I would see if any of our lawyers here knew anything about probates/small estate filing.

Hey saintjay, you might have already done this, but if you haven't you should call the probate clerk's office and ask them your questions. They won;t give you legal advice but they will tell you the procedures you need to follow in order to get what you need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom