Any Modern Family fans? (1 Viewer)

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Bleu Wife and I are binge-watching the show. I had no idea this was as funny as it is. I also had no idea there were several running gags in the show. We're up to season 6.

I watched somewhere in the middle of the run because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about when they started winning all the Emmys. Tapped out when the kids got older and it, IMO, jumped the shark. Also while I like the actress -- and Sofia Vergara (and her real life husband) are great to look at -- I think Gloria's over-the-top accent is as hard to listen to as The Nanny. But I enjoyed watching it for a little while.

Watch it all the time....there's a few episodes I can watch over and over.
Not sure what season but let me know when you get to the mini van wrap episode. That's one of my favorites haha

I watched all but the last 2 seasons. Started getting stale and the kids weren't great actors as they got older. Overall it was pretty funny, but not the best of all time or even the last 5-10 years. I can think of 5 shows off the top of my head that were better.

Community
Arrested Development
Parks and Rec
The Good Place
Master of None

I love this show. Have my alarm set every night so I can catch it at 11. It's one of those shows like The Office where it doesn't matter what episode or how far into the episode it is, I still watch. Casting was superb. All three of the lead couples are hilarious.

Also love the running gags like how Cam's voice gets high whenever he screams for Lily and Phil loudly declaring, "I've got Gloria!" until that one awesome moment when he yells, "I've got Claire!"

And the broken stair. It's like a supporting character. My favorite episode is Three Turkeys when Phil opens the oven door to what he thinks is his perfectly cooked turkey, but it's actually a Cornish Hen, and you can hear him scream that it looks like a pigeon. Then Lily goes to pick up her backpack, that unbeknownst to anyone has a turkey in it and she tips backward and hits the floor. Wonderfully hilarious writing.

I watched all but the last 2 seasons. Started getting stale and the kids weren't great actors as they got older. Overall it was pretty funny, but not the best of all time or even the last 5-10 years. I can think of 5 shows off the top of my head that were better.

Community
Arrested Development
Parks and Rec
The Good Place
Master of None

We've already finished Community, Arrested Development and Parks & Rec.

Community
Arrested Development
Parks and Rec
The Good Place
Master of None
Love all those except I've never heard of Master of None

At some point I thought they should've written Sarah Hyland off, even if only for a while. You could tell when her illness was getting the best of her.

My wife likes to watch the show so I have caught a lot of the episodes. The Streetcar Named Desire episode cracked me up. Cam is one of my favorite characters of any sitcom. He is up there with Senor Chang and Ron F%)&@) Swanson.

Great show. Perhaps could have been #1 all time if not for Manny. His scenes always dragged down what was usually a funny show. Either he was whining, being annoying or just irritating. A distraction on a great show and cast.

Great show. Perhaps could have been #1 all time if not for Manny. His scenes always dragged down what was usually a funny show. Either he was whining, being annoying or just irritating. A distraction on a great show and cast.

I can follow this some. Of all the kids, he's the only one who never really grew up (maturity-wise).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom