Any News Yet On the Cap Savings? (1 Viewer)

SF2313

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just wondering, because I've seen a couple of posters on here throw out conflicting figures...

Any idea how far under the salary cap we are?

No, which is why people need to stop citing "overthecap.com" for arguments that we can't sign anyone.

No.

We won't have it sorted out for days.

And honestly.. who cares? Even if the Saints can make a move on a big FA, they may not. So why get your hopes up? Just remember that the Saints will sign some guys in FA regardless of our cap situation.

What has been report on wwl is that we only saved seven million from Vilma and Smith.

What has been report on wwl is that we only saved seven million from Vilma and Smith.

The maximum amount we could have saved by cutting them was 13.5 million, around about. A 7 million savings would suggest a negotiated base salary of 3 million each, which is pretty high. It's not impossible but I would be skeptical.

So if we declared smith a June 1st cut and cut him and Vilma our cap savings would have been 13.5 million???

So if we declared smith a June 1st cut and cut him and Vilma our cap savings would have been 13.5 million???

No. Vilma couldn't be a June 1st cut, he's a UFA next year. Smith has a team option next year I believe, so he could have been a June 1st cut. Were he, that would be something like $17 million in savings this year and a $3.5 million hit next year (for Smith).

I knew Vilma could not because it's his last year. So we really could have saved around twenty million by designating smith and cutting Vilma. Boy I hope they produce this year.

I knew Vilma could not because it's his last year. So we really could have saved around twenty million by designating smith and cutting Vilma. Boy I hope they produce this year.

No, we could have saved about $17 if we pushed $3.5 into next year, $13.5 otherwise. If I had to guess, I'd have, and did, guessed we saved $10-$9 and retained Smith and Vilma. This thread says WWL said we saved $7. But we don't know for sure yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom