Any Stock Market Junkies? (1 Viewer)

playing the market on a daily basis is intriguing to me. I am just not knowledgable enough to get started. if any of you can offer any insight or advice, please feel free to include me in sharing of information. Thanks.

I have always wanted to get into this and now that I am making a good amount of extra money I would like to start.

Problem: I have no idea where to begin. How do I set up an account? Where should I set one up at? I want to do everything online.

How does the buying and selling work? What all do I need to do to really get into this? If anyone can hook me up and get me going in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

I have always wanted to get into this and now that I am making a good amount of extra money I would like to start.

Problem: I have no idea where to begin. How do I set up an account? Where should I set one up at? I want to do everything online.

How does the buying and selling work? What all do I need to do to really get into this? If anyone can hook me up and get me going in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Scottrade and etrade are 2 of the better ones for everyday, average joe investors. I would have gone with Scottrade since the commisions are $5.00 less per trade, but I couldn't roll my 401(k) into it, so I had to go with eTrade.

http://www.scottrade.com/

With Scottrade, you can open an account with $500.00. Some guys may bag on me for this, but watch Jim Cramer's Mad Money on MSNBC to get alot of insight. The reason Jim Cramer gets a bad rap from some people is because they think they can invest based solely on his advice, which he is quick to point out that you shouldn't do. When I first started out about a year ago, I watched his show religiously. I never bought based on his recommendations (I take that back - I bought Sirius after he had the CEO on, but it was a dirt cheap spec buy), but he helps you in learning to research and he makes it interesting. I actually have 2 stocks that he was pumping, but by the time he was pumping them, I already owned them. In 9 months, my portfolio is up 40%. Not bad for a rookie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom