Any truckers here? (1 Viewer)

That's a big 10-4, good buddy!

*Actually, I'm not. But I've always wanted to say that on a CB radio.
I drove a school bus in St. Tammany that was equipped with a CB. I'll be honest, there were days I wish I could have ripped it out. Hopefully it won't be so annoying in a truck.

I drove a school bus in St. Tammany that was equipped with a CB. I'll be honest, there were days I wish I could have ripped it out. Hopefully it won't be so annoying in a truck.
How could it be? You'll be your own boss and see the countryside.

How could it be? You'll be your own boss and see the countryside.
Very true, plus I won't have 300 other drivers reporting every minor little issue they see or have. I'm sure it wont be nearly as bad.

I recently graduated truck Driving school and am checking out some different companies. Who do you drive for? Who do you reccomend? Who do you want to drive for? Percentage pay over mileage pay? Benefits to look for? Any info is greatly appreciated!
I’m not a truck driver, but I have a coworker who’s son started two years ago.
From what I could tell, you don’t want to get into a lease to own deal with any trucking company. It sounds like you become an indentured servant to that company if you do.

As a summer job in college I drove a 10-wheel dump for a local construction company. No license for it, and the first thing they showed me aside from operating the 10-speed hi-lo range non-syncro trans, was how to dump the scales :hihi:

I loved it :)

Very true, plus I won't have 300 other drivers reporting every minor little issue they see or have. I'm sure it wont be nearly as bad.

the lingo is the best-

Lot Lizards, Road gators, etc etc.

When I worked at Circuit City in college this guy used to come in all the time buying map software (before the gps era). He said he made 6 figures in long haul trucking. I think he would pull from LA to Canada. He did own his own tractor, so I'm guessing that contributed to his income.

When I worked at Circuit City in college this guy used to come in all the time buying map software (before the gps era). He said he made 6 figures in long haul trucking. I think he would pull from LA to Canada. He did own his own tractor, so I'm guessing that contributed to his income.
Yeah, owner/operators make all the money. I'm not ready for that just yet.

Yeah, owner/operators make all the money. I'm not ready for that just yet.

Yeah and all the risk. All the maintenance and insurance.

Does not matter one bit what industry owner operators work light years harder with way more stress than an employee.

Sometimes it is better to punch a time clock if you are not cut out for it.

Were all the coal mining apprenticeships full ?
That is kinda sweet little comment.

I love that people miss that everything is shipped in the world. People are shipping toilet paper to them instead of going out in the big scary world.

It is gonna take way longer for electric big rigs driving themselves to get going than the anxiety ridden public going out to shop. I know they are saving or it is convenient. That is called an excuse. That is the same as ubering home from the bar rather than learning how to drink like adults do.

Did you know when have a shortage of truckers? Like really!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom