Any Updates on Jared Cook? Worried he won't play in week 4. (1 Viewer)

tjharris

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Runs to the outside were really working against the Packers but when Cook got hurt SP stopped running the ball. I wonder if he didn't have confidence in Hill and Trautman

Noble Saint

Former NFL Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Runs to the outside were really working against the Packers but when Cook got hurt SP stopped running the ball. I wonder if he didn't have confidence in Hill and Trautman
I don’t trust Trautman blocking after he let a corner blow him up on that 3rd and 5 slot screen to Kamara.

Saint Lattimore

Not-So Restricted Airspace
Reaction score
Cook is very athletic and is a dangerous weapon, but he seems to get banged-up pretty regularly. He’s also at an advanced age that doesn’t really help him recover quickly from knicks and whatnot. I think that’s part of the reason he’s now playing for his 5th team... he’s somewhat fool’s gold.

This will be Cook’s final year playing for the Saints, so getting Trautman experience is important if he’s the future at the position.

If Cook isn’t at or near 100%, I think the Saints should let him get right... If the Saints can get right and actually make the playoffs, they’ll need a guy like Cook to help avoid another 1-and-done playoff run.

dutar76

4th Year Vet
Reaction score
Cook is a good receiving TE when healthy, but he has never been a good run blocker. The running game going away in the 2nd half was not related to Cooks' injury.

Noble Saint

Former NFL Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We need Cook. Otherwise once the games get important, teams will double Kamara and Thomas. Cook is the guy that can make them pay for that.

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
At least Micheal Thomas is coming back. At this point M.T is far more important for this offense. I think Trautman will do fine. This gives him a chance to get reps. When Cook gets back N.O will have a formidable T.E duo with them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom