Any users of Amazon's Subcribe & Save? (1 Viewer)

BHM

Can't please 'em all
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have been trying to set it up for often used items and to qualify for the 15% discount. I find it tricky because some items I use more often than others but you have to have at least five items for the discount.

Easiest way I have found so far is to only have a single delivery every four months. Problem I run into is that on some items, I can select the quantity AND the frequency. Other items only allow the frequency. Not sure if I am doing something wrong.

I have a work around but it is a pain. If I need more than one item every four months, I add it twice. Any one know why some items do not slow the quantity to be selected?

I hated it. I ended up with about 2 dozen tubes of toothpaste before I just cancelled it all. I prefer Costco.

I hated it as well for the first two years but I am finally figuring our how to make it work for us.

My DIL has a Costco account we use but we never go. Wife and I both have a car and we can barely fit one megabox of toilet paper and one megabox of paper towels. Plus I could see having the same problem with Costco. We would run out of couple of items and would have to make a trip. Since we were there we would get everything else and get home to find out we had already had 10 tubes of toothpaste.

To make it work for us, we have one order every four months. I currently have about 18 items on that order and when we have too much, it is easy to skip a shipment of a particular item. On previous attempts at this, we have several small orders on random delivery dates and it was a mess staying on top of things and still get the 15% discount.

We just find it much much easier to have UPS drop it all off on my porch.

I don't subscribe to anything. I'm a heavy Prime user though.

I prefer Costco for certain items or Target/Walmart for others.

I have been trying to set it up for often used items and to qualify for the 15% discount. I find it tricky because some items I use more often than others but you have to have at least five items for the discount.

Easiest way I have found so far is to only have a single delivery every four months. Problem I run into is that on some items, I can select the quantity AND the frequency. Other items only allow the frequency. Not sure if I am doing something wrong.

I have a work around but it is a pain. If I need more than one item every four months, I add it twice. Any one know why some items do not slow the quantity to be selected?

how many dildos are you going through each week?

I could see using it for stuff you replace at regular intervals -- air or water filters, for example. Household consumables seem a little tricky. I can just see me telling the family, "okay, no one use the bathroom through Wednesday, because we won't get more toilet paper until then!"

:smilielol:

I've only used it to get discounts, but I cancel them shortly after placing the order.

I almost peed myself, because below your post, your sig is concluded with "-Andrus."

Needless to say, I thought Andrus wrote that to you. Had I had a drink in my hand, I would have :spit:

I don't subscribe to anything. I'm a heavy Prime user though.

I prefer Costco for certain items or Target/Walmart for others.

There are a few items I get from Walmart online and usually place the order once I reach $50 and get the free shipping.

Items I currently get through Subscribe and Save..

Toilet paper
AA batteries
Coffee creamer
Community coffee
Tooth paste
Trash bags
Paper towel
Deodorant
Dog treats
Body wash
Mouthwash
Puppy pads
Tide Pods
Fabric softener
Zip lock bags
Dildo

I use it with a 2 month cycle. Pretty much two items for coffee (syrup and the coffee) are the only guaranteed items on there. If I can think of two extra things I want I'll usually look for a 3rd or more for that one.

I also don't mind whenever I see something is subscribe and save ordering it that way and just getting it around the middle of the month (when it initially set my subscription delivery time), and then cancelling once it ships. Since there's zero penalty for cancelling after one shipment I can't ever imagine not taking the free discount. They usually email me 2-3 days before the cutoff date for changing the order (about 10 days before the nominal delivery date, though stuff always arrives almost a week early).

For me the only way it's a risk is if I ignore my email and it seems really easy to change.

BTW, for changing quantity I've only done it once or twice but could always just click the edit button and change schedule or quantity was always the second link/option on the right.

I do it for dog food and that's it. Did it with a bunch of other stuff to try to get to the 15% off and just ended up with too much of everything.

Also prices can fluctuate without warning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom