Any word on Jenkins? (1 Viewer)

I really can't say enough about how impressive the Jets are on short yardage, and that has more to do with them then with us. That's a very well coached short yardage defense.

Thank you. The Jets defense will win a lot of games this year. I doubt the Giants line could be any better. (Sanchez is the real deal, too.)

Good to have Clancy back! I heard about everyone but him.

The biggest returning player is Bushrod, with Brown on IR we need to have the depth that Strief provides, especially against all the rotating pieces on the Giants defensive line. Bell is important, but without Bushrod if Strief is nicked up I don't even know the name of the palyer who would be protected the best QB in league's backside and that is scary.

Saw him at Home Depot (he has good plumbing knowledge) ...he said they were going to give him the day off for the Giants game.

It's a big deal. Having Jenkins available on special teams and Clancy for the DT rotation against that Giants run game could prove critical. And while I like Strief about as much as Bushrod at LT, everyone had to be holding their breath against the Jets all game long having zero dedicated depth at the tackle position.

Bell could also help us on those 3rd/4th and shorts we failed to convert vs the Jets. I don't want to make too much about that though because the Jets frankly just flat out beat our offensive line on those plays. I really can't say enough about how impressive the Jets are on short yardage, and that has more to do with them then with us. That's a very well coached short yardage defense.

I think Bushrod coming back is the key to the 3rd/4th down and short. Nesbit was not as effective as a Tackle-elligible End. Strief deserves some credit for his performance in this formation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom